Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if any of the USA ladies know much about netti pot. its not available here only online. i have hbp and because of my meds cant take anything for sinus which are driving me insane at the moment. it was a friend on FB mentioned this.because at this stage im ready to try anything

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Yikes, at first I was thinking it must be something you smoked ... then I searched google.

There's no way I could ever cope with that, kid memories of water up the nose & associated discomfort when at swimming pools. Michele's sounds much more bearable.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I am almost sure I saw them in McCabes in Dundrum shopping centre a couple of months back, on a high shelf behind the pharmacist counter- I just checked McCabes online and they didn't seem to have them, but maybe they just have them instore?. They are supposed to be really good.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I have one! I don't think that there's anything in this world that clears out your sinuses quite like a neti pot. I don't use mine frequently but if my allergies start acting up, I do. It is definitely a weird sensation, but it feels so good after you use it!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Yikes, at first I was thinking it must be something you smoked ... then I searched google.

There's no way I could ever cope with that, kid memories of water up the nose & associated discomfort when at swimming pools. Michele's sounds much more bearable.
Actually I think the nasal spray is worse. It burns and makes me sneeze so I prefer the Neti pot.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had a sinus infection and bad drainage last week. I don't have a neti pot BUT I read that you can do the same thing with a small measuring cup with a spout. I, too, didn't think I could do it and that it'd be horrible, etc.

I was WRONG! Omg it worked wonders. Sooo much relief. If you can muster up the guts to do it, then do it! It really does work and in all honesty, it wasn't a bad process at all. No fluid reaches the throat. It just flows in one nostril and out there other. Sure it feels weird, but the effects of doing it are wonderful and instant. Can't beat instant relief.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I don't recommend the neti pot. The squeeze bottle is better because you don't have to tilt your head to one side like you do with the neti. When you tilt your head, you pushing the infection into your ear canals. Your head is straight with the squeeze bottle. My husband & I have been using it for 7 years & I use it on my children. We never have to take sinus medication. You can also use a humidifier & add a tablespoon of liquid Vicks eucaliptus (sp) which helps to open sinuses.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you everyone for your input, iv ordered one off ebay from the uk, il do anything at this stage.
michele iv tried every nasal spray you can buy
jane going to ring mccabes to see if they still have it.
thank you all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts