Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok , i have posted another topic 'riding at 4 months' where i said cosmo humped another puppy.......i understand this is probably a dominance thing,
but now he already did it twice with paris :shock: :shock:

would it be wrong to have him neutered now? he's 4 months and a week, weighs 5 pounds (big boy :D ....just checked him) and i felt his testicles and i think i feel 2 (almost sure....i'm not a vet :wink: )

i really don't want any accidents with paris, she's too tiny for childbaring, she's 4 months and a half and 2 pounds. and they stay at home when i go for work unsupervised (only during lunch my bf is home)

kisses nat

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'll bet they'll do it now. My doctor said anytime for Frasier when he weighed 5 lbs. We waited untill my Spring break though - which put him at 6 months.

I read an article about the pros/cons of the shelters neutering so early (some even at 3 months). According to what I read, research is showing 4 months to be okay, but many doctors prefer the "old" way of waiting untill 6 months. I can't remember where I read this so I don't know how reliable of a source it was. I think you should just go to your vet and find out.

·
Registered
936 Posts
My vet explained to me that pups even as young as 8 weeks have been getting neutered. This usually occurs at the animal shelters. So I don't see why not. However, she still recommends to wait until 5 to six months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts