Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The date is set for Sept 20, he'll be almost 5 months! I am defiantly a worrier, so any tips suggestions, tips, comments, ect telling me what to expect pre and post surgery that would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
When Cooper was neutered, I took him in to the office in the morning, picked him up around 2pm and he acted like nothing happened once the woozy feeling wore off. There really isn't anything to worry about post-surgery like there is with girls, in my opinion. Coop was running in the yard by sundown on the day of the surgery.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
LovelyChiPupz said:
goodness my girl is booked in for this friday - what is there to worry about with girls? :cry:
I think girls are more tender for days after the surgery since it's more invasive than the boys surgery. They just require a little more TLC after it's over with and probably need to be watched just a little closer than boys.

Don't worry... I'm sure your baby will be fine! :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
thanks cooper! I was wanting to show my girl aswel; so i am trying to find out advice because - i dont know whether to get her spayed or not. :cry:

What would happen to her if i decided to cancel the spay?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
LovelyChiPupz said:
What would happen to her if i decided to cancel the spay?
She'd run away from home OR she'd start smoking cigarettes and hanging with the kids from the wrong side of the tracks. :lol:

If you're going to show her, I don't know if spaying her is "acceptable" in the show ring. I know with cats, they develop a "pooch" where their reproductive organs used to be that hangs down a bit. I've never seen a dog with a pooch but I don't know if spaying would create a physical "fault" when it came to judging.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mouse is being neutered tomorrow he will just 6 months. Am hoping it may stop him so frisky with every female he meets.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
LovelyChiPupz said:
talking frisky - coco tries to mount me sometime - what if she tries to do it to a judge :oops: :lol:

i dont know if i should cancel the spay or not
I'm assuming you like and trust your vet... I would set up an appointment with them to go in and discuss the spay and the chances of showing her afterwards, as well as any other concerns you have. Maybe the information you get will ease your mind and allow you to make the right decision for both you and your pup. :D

Good luck!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
NO WORRIES

My Chachi was neutered at 5 months of age (4 months ago) and it was so much easier than I thought! It really is not that big a deal, in terms of invasiveness. For female dogs, it is much more involved with a longer recovery time. Chachi's stitches were on the inside, so he couldn't chew them, and they just dissolved on their own. No drugs, no elizabethan collar...nothing!

Brought him in in the morning - picked him up in the afternoon. He was very groggy which was expected then he wobbled over to his bed and konked out. Later, I fed him some kibble by hand. The next day - he was a bit better and by Day 3 he was running around like nothing even happened.

Honestly, no big deal. He'll be fine! The only tip I'd offer is to not let him jump around a lot the first few days. Let us know how it goes!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts