Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
hey neutering prevents numerous cancers....and costs about 70-80 pounds normally. best age is between 6 and 9 months.......
but i'm no expert , this is just what i learned from this forum....i'm sure someone else will give you a better explanation :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Yes, generally you want it done around 6 months. If you don't plan to breed him, it's definately in his best interest for health reasons. We got Zeus fixed when he was 6 months old and to this day, he has no interest in marking. He also doesn't lift his leg up to pee, but I"m not sure that's related to being neutered. He does however try to mount my daughters stuffed tiger (5x's bigger then Zeus is).. haha

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I Luv Taders said:
I think neutering is a must I hate that territory marking thing they do. Tader also doesnt lift his leg to pee GOTTA LOVE THAT !!!!
Lucky for you!! Cooper was neutered at 6 months before he ever lifted his leg, and now he runs around the yard marking EVERYTHING with his leg up! Little devil! Luckily he doesn't mark in the house :roll:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just posted something on another thread about neutering, so I will not repeat myself here again. But, sorry if I am wrong now, it all sounds to me that you only have your dogs "fixed" for comfort, e.g. that they are not marking, lifting legs, being quite etc. Cancer thing is disputable, so i will not touch it now, but other arguments just sounds a bit egoistic to me, sorry

Richie's mom

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
My little guy was neutered 3 weeks ago ( aged 7 months) , because of medical reasons ,he only had the one testicle dropped .

His op cost £135.00 ( that was with some baby teeth removed & he was micro-chipped )

I would have had him neutered even if he had had both of his testicles , he meets
loads of female dogs every day ( at work ) and I think it's kinda unfair on unneutered males
to have to be in that situation ......

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use to be against this kind of thing also but if it prevends even one cancer in my chi then I would go for it. Also I do not want my dog to run away to try and find females to hump. That is a very scary thought, becuase there are lots of dangerous roads and he may never be found again if he was to go

*Vicky*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts