Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to get Chico neutered before we move in a few months, that way he wont mark all over our new place. will he show any personality changes? like will he be less affectionate and less playful? i love his personality and i dont want it to change...how did your boys act when they got the big "snip?"

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Ozzy didnt change at all - maybe he calmed down slightly but at 6 months I put thaty down to coming out of puppy stage :wave:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am about to get a little boy. Would you recommend having him neutered? I have had different opinions on this and wondered what you all thought.

:thumbleft:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I read that it shouldn't affect anything and it does help them to be more family oriented like KB mamma said, its partly because they aren't always searching for girl dogs in heat they are more focused on you.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Frasier calmed down some afterwards, but I think that is because he was at the age where he would have chilled out a bit anyways.

He's never marked or been territorial. He doesn't even lift his leg - just squats. I suspect this is because he was neutered before he felt the urge to do those things. His was done right at the 6 month mark.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Luggy said:
I am about to get a little boy. Would you recommend having him neutered? I have had different opinions on this and wondered what you all thought.

:thumbleft:
YES 100% YES.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts