Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chi Chi is going in on wed. to be neutered. Im of course a little worried as hes so tiny. Also not sure what to expect afterwards. Are they in a lot of pain?
Ive only ever had my stafford neutered before and they are known for having such a high pain threashold, it was a job to keep him rested.
How have other chihuahuas reacted to having this op?
Any advice would be greatfully received x

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Boys normally handle it much better then girls.
Boys dont even normally get a stitch!
When ever I have had mine desexed the boys
have never been a problem. I have always gotten
the extra pain killers for my girls. But never for the
boys. He will be fine :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody had his neuter, a microchip, and a bunch of baby teeth extracted (9 I think?) and we were amazed at how quick he bounced back. All his sutures were internal, nothing to take out. Could hardly see his incision. He did great. They did a long acting pain shot at the vet which held him for about a day. He acted normal, even right afterward! The next day you could tell he was a little sore, but by the third day - he was bouncing around like normal. He never licked or bothered his incision. I bought a baby onesie to put on him if needed to cover up his incision, but didn't use it. He amazed us at how quickly he recovered. Much, much easier than the girls!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had my tiny boy who was 2lb 8 ozs when he got fixed. He did just find I kept him is a small area with bed food water and pee pad and didnt let him out side for about 3 or 4 day... i kept him is a small area so he would not jump or run around. they want you to keep them not jumping or running...after a those day i let him our for a few and he did or i kept a good eye on his area and it held up just as i hoped...good luck to your little one...some vet will give pain meds so on these little one i would make sure you give it to them...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou guys.
He went for his micro chip today. I asked the vet will he cry. The vet told me Chihuahuas usually make a lot of fuss.
I held his head under my arm and the vet inserted the chip. Chi never made a sound :)
OMG said the vet. I laughed, thats what happens when you live with a staff i told him.
he seemed rather shocked lol.
Awwww my brave boy.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Honey never cried for her chip either, every time she goes for a needle she does not make a fuss at all or cry, nor does my cousn's chi Keona and she is tiny!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was surprised Bailey was so lively after his op, we had trouble keeping his quiet, he jumped all over the place. He was very good, didn't lick his stitches so I think we were lucky.

Good luck and I am sure it will all go well.

Joy xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts