Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im normally not one to kick up dust over anything even if I was offended.

Though just now, on the Thread "wth" I took quite an offence to somethings that were said.

I politely Identified why I thought the comments were unfair and offensive but I was simply Ignored.

Like the title says, I have never had a problem on here before, but Im feeling pretty crushed at the moment.

I didnt take it so personally untill my comment was ignored and the conversation continued.

Just, slightly devistated.

Thanks for reading guys :(

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you were wondering what I had said:

Quote:
Their whole country is messed up!

Quote:
yes it is. that made me laugh.

My response;
These ppl in the video are clearly morons

BUT

I dont want to sound tooooo defensive, however. My partner is INDIAN Fijian, and half his family are just Indians, and they're nothing like this.

There is good and bad in every culture, I dont think generalising for the whole country off this videos is fair

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
awwww honey, im so sorry if i said anything to offend you. i haven't been on in a while and rhonda's comment made me laugh. I wasn't even looking at any cultures or anything like that. i simply saw a snake and a baby. I never generalize about anything like that, EVER. ask anyone who knows me, im not like that. i guess i should have studied the video better. so sorry. :(

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Aw Im sorry that your feelings were hurt and you felt like your voice wasnt heard. And I can definitely see why you were offended in the first place.
I honestly think it was unintentional, I just went through and read and your post and the one after were entered at the same time, Im thinking they just didnt see it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awwww honey, im so sorry if i said anything to offend you. i haven't been on in a while and rhonda's comment made me laugh. I wasn't even looking at any cultures or anything like that. i simply saw a snake and a baby. I never generalize about anything like that, EVER. ask anyone who knows me, im not like that. i guess i should have studied the video better. so sorry. :(

Thanks so much for replying, recently it seems like we have copped alot of 'indian' comments and I just didnt expect it on here. I was tempted to ask if you all think I ride a Kangaroo to work (I live In Australia) lol. But yeah, Thanks for replying. I guess im just touchy today.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aw Im sorry that your feelings were hurt and you felt like your voice wasnt heard. And I can definitely see why you were offended in the first place.
I honestly think it was unintentional, I just went through and read and your post and the one after were entered at the same time, Im thinking they just didnt see it.
Yeah I thought that might have been the case but when the post kept comming I wasnt sure. But I definately feel better knowing they didnt mean it as a generalisation for the country. Like I said just before, there has been alot of indian comments comming our way recently. I had never realised how racist parts of where I live was. Thanks for replying

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Thanks so much for replying, recently it seems like we have copped alot of 'indian' comments and I just didnt expect it on here. I was tempted to ask if you all think I ride a Kangaroo to work (I live In Australia) lol. But yeah, Thanks for replying. I guess im just touchy today.
oh honey, one of my dear friends, Tashy, lives in Australia. I truly read it wrong but I'm sorry you've been hearing things like that lately. i thought the days of stuff like that were so far behind us but i can be quite naive about things like that i guess. good for you for speaking your mind. :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Sorry you were offended, I read through, I don't think it was intentional. You know how easy it is to lose one post when you're chatting back and forth through a thread.

I understand where you're coming from but you just have to brush it off :( I get it a lot too, i'm the only white female where I work and I never would have thought but it certainly has made me think differently about a lot of things.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I acknowledged your post and I changed mine.
I said I didnt intend to offend anyone here.
When I see child abuse it enrages me.
And the snake thing IS part of their culture big time.
Sorry and no more drama from this chi mom.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh honey, one of my dear friends, Tashy, lives in Australia. I truly read it wrong but I'm sorry you've been hearing things like that lately. i thought the days of stuff like that were so far behind us but i can be quite naive about things like that i guess. good for you for speaking your mind. :)
Again, Thanks so much. Now I feel like I had a bit of a diva attack lol but I am glad its all cleared up!

Sorry you were offended, I read through, I don't think it was intentional. You know how easy it is to lose one post when you're chatting back and forth through a thread.

I understand where you're coming from but you just have to brush it off :( I get it a lot too, i'm the only white female where I work and I never would have thought but it certainly has made me think differently about a lot of things.
Thanks for the support. It certianly looks unintentional. Im glad you know where i am comming from, Its definately an eye opener when it afftects your work hey.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I acknowledged your post and I changed mine.
I said I didnt intend to offend anyone here.
When I see child abuse it enrages me.
And the snake thing IS part of their culture big time.
Sorry and no more drama from this chi mom.
Thanks so much. Belive me, I was outraged and discusted by this as well! But I know this isnt what its like. There are lots of ppl who treat theyre babies like crap in the area I work, they pretty much have kids so they dont have to get jobs, they just get money off the goverment and palm the kids off to day care because its subsidised. absolute drop kicks.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Now that I see it's alright to post things that hurt... I recently came back to this forum after being gone for quite some time. Out of maybe 20 or 30 recent posts not one person has acknowledged one post I've made. I have tried to be polite, stay out of controversial topics, and be complimentary. So go figure. There are some members here who are "very well respected" that wields just a tad more power than they ought, including hurting others feelings, with no repercussions being felt. The individual repeated things and took sentences totally out of context from a totally different venue, copied and pasted clips she chose and posted them here, and built a real case for her way of thinking. The things said were not at all what the whole conversation was about, and still I stayed quiet and stayed out of it. I never did defend myself. So I wouldn't look for justice, because it just doesn't exist. I am also very hurt and disillusioned and have truly decided this is just not the forum for me.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Now that I see it's alright to post things that hurt... I recently came back to this forum after being gone for quite some time. Out of maybe 20 or 30 recent posts not one person has acknowledged one post I've made. I have tried to be polite, stay out of controversial topics, and be complimentary. So go figure. There are some members here who are "very well respected" that wields just a tad more power than they ought, including hurting others feelings, with no repercussions being felt. The individual repeated things and took sentences totally out of context from a totally different venue, copied and pasted clips she chose and posted them here, and built a real case for her way of thinking. The things said were not at all what the whole conversation was about, and still I stayed quiet and stayed out of it. I never did defend myself. So I wouldn't look for justice, because it just doesn't exist. I am also very hurt and disillusioned and have truly decided this is just not the forum for me.

I'll acknowledge your post...although it probably doesn't matter to you since I know I'm not involved in whatever it is you're referring to.

I'm sorry your feelings are hurt and I would encourage anyone to let folks know when they get their feelings hurt/offended in hopes of working it out.

:daisy:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I didn't see the thread, but I know how you feel! There are times where I feel completely offended or crushed on forums and it drives me crazy. You aren't the only one! *hugs*

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Thank you Heather. What a very sweet reply. :) There are so very many lovely people here.
:) Both you and Aust Chi Mumma should know! Even my husband runs into it a lot on his own forums. We joke all the time about being cursed and we shouldn't even bother. I can't tell you the number of times I've posted something and felt completely ignored when I thought it was wrong of everyone. Blah! Hate that.

But again, you're not alone!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Are you serious? You don't ride a kangaroo to work? :( That's worse than finding out there's no Santa Claus! :( JK lol. Seriously, I'm sorry you were offended but please don't leave or anything because we like seeing Ms Fiddle AND you! :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts