Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I got excited last time I went to the pet store and saw that! I'm buying it when this flavor is finished. I'd like to hear if anyone else has tried it too.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I have fed Lulu the Duck and Bartlett Pear which is the other Acana Limited Ingredient food besides the Lamb and Apple. I was pleased with it. I could not feed Lulu the Lamb and apple because I think she is allergic to Lamb--don't want to take my chances. The thing I like about both of those foods is that they do not have rosemary in them, and Acana used Selenium Yeast not Sodium Selenite--the latter is not preferred. Lastly, although it has high quality protein it is not as high in protein as the other Acana formulas which is acceptable for our small breed dogs.

·
Registered
237 Posts
How did Lola do on the food? I just bought a bag of the lamb. Pepper doesn't seem to do well on the three grain free foods I've tried and this one seems to be the best grain one. I hope she does well on it. I also hope she grows out of this so I can put her back on grain free. Lily has a stomach of steel.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi!! I never ended up switching to it from Fromm. I still use it as treats. When I asked about it in my local doggie boutique, the owner said people who switched to it ended up going back to what they were feeding previously although I'm not sure why. And then she had a sale on Fromm so I bought a few bags. I still want to try it one day though!! Let me know how it goes for you!! I wanna hear about your experience! ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I feed my lucky eagle pro pack then I switched to scans small breed. I noticed her breath became stickier with arcana so we switched back to eagle pro..l

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well I know it's only been a few days or so on this food but Pepper has never so many good poops in a row. She hasn't had one mushy/soft poop since this food. I switched cold turkey, not by choice, she just picked the new stuff out and spit the old stuff on the floor. Hopefully everything stays good.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I feed my lucky eagle pro pack then I switched to scans small breed. I noticed her breath became stickier with arcana so we switched back to eagle pro..l
Jaxx had horrible breath on all the different Acana formulas I tried him on. I ended up giving the last bag we had away to the Humane Society because I couldn't take it any more. I kept thinking that a different formula would help because I liked the reviews of Acana but nothing helped. I put him on Orijen and now his breath is back to normal and I am not telling him every time he gets near me that he has stinky breath.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts