Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we have an unexpected addition to our family now. A new kitty. My Aunt called and asked me if I could give this beautiful, loving kitty a home, it has been neglected and abandoned. I just could not say no. He is about a year old. Fixed and so, SO sweet. His original owner called him Max, so we kept that as his name. My Aunt said (and she is right) that he LOVES attention but nobody where he was left will give him any love and attention. Well, we now have 7 cats, 1 dog and 2 ferrets in this small apartment. LoL! :lol: He has been an indoor/outdoor kitty, but now he will be all indoors. He has so far stayed to himself except for coming to me for attention, but has not been scared to death and hiding like I feared. Hershey has tried SO hard to play and aggravate this cat, but he just hisses a little and ignores him. He has not totally given up though, he comes back every little while and tries again. LOL :lol: Max has really taken to the bed I made from the little basket and leave on the couch, he has only left it a few times to eat and let me love on him. I wonder if Hershey minds sharing his little bed??? Sure hope not! LOL :laughing6:

Here is a pic of Max and Hershey trying to taunt him. :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
Max is a very handsome kitty. Hopefully Hershey will eventually win him over...at least to the point he will completely ignore him :lol: .

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Awww.... I hope Max and Hershey become great friends... and I hope Max gives Hershey back his bed! :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the new addition... Max is beautiful and I'm sure he'll get more attention and love than he ever thought possible, living in your house. :)

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much everyone! :wave: Max left Hershey's little bed for a while this morning and joined me on the bed, but he returned back to the little bed on the couch after I got up. LoL! :lol: Hershey really doesn't seem to mind though. He prefers laying against my leg to the bed anyway. :wink:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
goldie said:
My one cat plus Tico is ALOT for my little apartment! I can't imagine 7 cats, Hershey & the ferrets!
That's great you are able to accomodate one more!
Thanks! :wave: I set my limit a couple years ago on getting more kittys, I'd never get more that I could handle, but this one melted my heart big time, so Hubby and I pretty much agreed without hesitation that we'd take him. We are on a budget, but we make sacrifices so we can provide well for our furkids. But we have GOT to resist anymore, at least for now while we are in this small place. LoL :lol: Don't you just wish you could save all the needy animals? :D LoL.

·
Registered
661 Posts
LuvMyChi said:
goldie said:
My one cat plus Tico is ALOT for my little apartment! I can't imagine 7 cats, Hershey & the ferrets!
That's great you are able to accomodate one more!
Thanks! :wave: I set my limit a couple years ago on getting more kittys, I'd never get more that I could handle, but this one melted my heart big time, so Hubby and I pretty much agreed without hesitation that we'd take him. We are on a budget, but we make sacrifices so we can provide well for our furkids. But we have GOT to resist anymore, at least for now while we are in this small place. LoL :lol: Don't you just wish you could save all the needy animals? :D LoL.
Exactly... and right after I posted my comment above, I see a sweet little chi puppy on Craigslist I think should be saved from the toddler it lives with! (I put her pix in the photo section ;) )

·
Registered
825 Posts
What a nice story....hes a really nice cat too! Do you have any more pics of all your cats and id love to see some of your ferrets as i have 11 :shock: ... a lot of them ive rescued. I Also won a lot of showing competitions at country shows with them, when they where younger. Great fun! :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seren said:
What a nice story....hes a really nice cat too! Do you have any more pics of all your cats and id love to see some of your ferrets as i have 11 :shock: ... a lot of them ive rescued. I Also won a lot of showing competitions at country shows with them, when they where younger. Great fun! :wink: :lol:
I have pics of all of my furkids at this link: http://hometown.aol.com/fairspirit122701/MershonFamily.html

I have 2 ferrets, on the page that the above link takes you to, you can see bandit pretty well in the ferrets pic, but you can't see polar very well. You can see polar good in the pic at this link though: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/FairSpirit122701/9-18008.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts