Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time owning a Chi and I want his name to be perfect. He is only 3 weeks old right now and the name that I have come up with is "Bosko" however I want a name that will cause a stir... If anyone has any ideas for my new baby PLEASE help me out....One of my friends found a name "kuckoniwi" affectionatly "Niwi" which is Cheyenne for "little wolf" and that is another posibility...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I said!!

I do like the name as well but its like everytime someone asks they get the look like I am crazy and the name doesn't fit him but I guess it only matters what I think since he is my baby LOL

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ok, I have a good one for a boy chi!!! I am naming my new boy soon, Chico, but sometimes I tell myself he looks like a Pedro, isn't that cute too?? You can use it, I don't mind! He,he!!! It is fun picking a name isn't it?? :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Everybody here knows how long it took me to name Sally Mae! lol I think Niwi is very cool and for sure I haven't heard it before. It is catchy. Don't forget to say the names out loud as you are trying to decide. Try it in different tones of voice also and see if the name flows out naturally. The name has to fit the personality too don't forget. Three weeks is young yet to see what kind of personality he will have. Just keep a few names on your list and wait to decide when he comes home.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I have a terrible time with names, particularly boys names. I like Niwi because it is different but you will always be explaining it. :D

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Ohhh I like Niwi too!

It's very different. Don't worry about what other people think. And eventually no one will ask. But the meaning "little wolf" is nice too!
At least it doesn't mean rat dog or something like that LOL

·
Registered
257 Posts
Names

Pick a name that you can "nickname" because you will...
My 10# Chi "Dobbie" becomes
Dobbie Man, Dobbie the Little Dobbie Man, Dobb Dobb, Dobb, Little Man
Well, you get the idea.
Have fun with your Chi baby.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I like Niwi myself as well and I think that is what I am going to stick with and if I have to explain it thats what I gotta do... I do like the name Axle too thats a good one... And yes to you all I will keep you posted with pictures he was two weeks old in those pics and I will be getting new ones this weekend so keep an eye out LOL :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts