Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone! I am so excited to be a part of this group and to read all of the great tips and advice everyone has for Chi owners! I have had many dogs growing up with my family, therefore, I have a lot of experience! But now I'm in college and have decided to get one of my very own that lives with me at school in my apartment! She is a chihuahua! I never cared for small dogs, let alone chihuahuas! Never in my dreams would I have imagined owning a chihuahua, but I LOVE HER SO MUCH! As soon as I can get another one, I definitely am! She is currently 3.5 months old and SO much fun. She's full of energy, very smart, and extremely cuddly! Her ears are finally just about the entire way up! She loves me so much and follows me everywhere I go. She gets along great with my two Labrador Retrievers at home, however, we've had one problem with another smaller male dog (a bit bigger than her though). She doesn't like the rain or the snow at all, and being in Pittsburgh, we get quite a bit of it, especially right now! So, it is very hard to get her completely housebroken. She's not doing well with the potty pads at all either. I want her to go outside when she needs to go, rather than using the potty pads. Any tips? Also... she cries every time I leave her (like when I go to class or have to run to the store). She won't let me go anywhere alone. Any tips for that too?

Oh! And now that it's cold, I'm looking for good websites with affordable clothes on it! Any good ones?!

I'm so happy to be a fellow chihuahua owner! Can't wait to read more posts and to 'get to know' the rest of you!

I've attached a picture! :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
heya welcome to the forum :D she is too cute! :D u can also check on ebay.com and find some great things :) also one of my favs is dog.com for cheap clothes. u can also stop by ur nearest target store as they have a holiday bin going on in the $2.50 section. there are so many sites online its unbelievable but some are very pricey :lol:

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Welcome! Your chi is a doll. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts