Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I wonder if this is an old article? I seem to remember reading it a long time ago, when they had a recall???
The date on the article says 2010.

Thank you for posting this though. My landlord called me last night concerned about this recall and it's long term effects. I told her it was old, but she wanted to read about it anyway. I'll pass it along.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wonder if this is an old article? I seem to remember reading it a long time ago, when they had a recall???
This is an old article from 2010.

This article is still a good read. This past month I had to put down my Standard Poodle - Tex, due to seizures. The bottom line is my vet leveled with me and said "He will be a very sick dog and of course no guarantees in survival after all $$ spent!!" He was 7 weeks short of his 15th year!! Anyways, he never had any health issues until his last 6 months, which I blame on; age, diet and medications....all inter reacted!

After reading many articles posted in the forums, our pets are too unprotected! Besides the issues in dog food, research in vaccinations are under scrutiny and this includes medications!!

Tex was a very active and happy dog. His last 6 months started with arthritis in his left hind leg to first time catching fleas. (Now, he never had fleas in the past). I never let my dog stay outside any length of time prior to my disability. He was always groomed/bathed monthly and the shampoo was formulated for flea control - thus I never had the need for; Advantix, Advantage, etc. ((The key is I never let him outside longer than needed))

It is claimed by many groomers this past summer was a notable year for fleas and ticks for the Northeast Region - NYS. I had him bathed and shaved, along with medicated which took for ever to be flea free! The house was bombed twice and yet I had to daily check him and remove with a flea comb these fleas. None of the OTC worked. Now, he did have adverse reactions to the flea medications - dry heave and coughing. This dry heaving and coughing worsened right up to the end.

When we finally got the fleas under control, Tex developed an ear infection which became chronic. Now, keep in mind with all of the medications in his system his immune system started breaking down along with due to age!!

The point is he never acted right after these medications!! His energy level was occasional compared to prior. I am a firm believer we as pet owners need to make it known of the many issues there are!! At the end, Tex suffered due to multiple seizures. He would come out of one seizure and then go into another! :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts