Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Baby(More Pix Inside)

Well I was having a heck of time trying to decided where to post this. But Anyway Sorry I havent posted in awhile Because I was out of town visiting family for about Three weeks in Ohio. But down to the point.

I have 7 chihuahuas and I breed. But I have always wanted a Chinese Crested Hairless since I was kid. Since I was always amazed by them, When I watched the dog shows. Im just amazed how they trot around and the way they look. But the Chihuahua caught my eye as well, with their little saucy attuide and Tiny but tough exterior. But its still rare to see CC, but I stumpled along a breeder. I wasnt looking at all, I explained that I breed Chihuahuas and she said That her CC was going to give birth any day now. I was like has anyone put down on any? She was like no not yet. I talked it over with my husband and told her we would like to have a Hairless Female CC. So I got pictures today. I have seen Pictures of the Parents and there beautiful.

But sorry about the rambling.... but here she is!

But please leave me Feedback and let me know. I know its not a Chihuahua, But its still a Doggie. Thanks!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I love Cresteds too:) I have always wanted a hairless male;-) She is adorable! Funny...they are not rare at all in my area I see them all the time even for sale at the local flea markets:-(I see tons in the ring too, I love to watch them prance:)

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love Cresteds too:) I have always wanted a hairless male;-) She is adorable! Funny...they are not rare at all in my area I see them all the time even for sale at the local flea markets:-(I see tons in the ring too, I love to watch them prance:)
They might just be super rare in my area cause its so cold for the hairless and we get like 58inches of snow every year. Even my Chihuahuas dont like going out to potty in that. I wanted a female because I got 4 boys and 3 girls...makes it even then. Also there was 4 in the litter but since CC hairless have the dead gene there is always one dead in the litter. So she had her the hairless and 2 powderpuff males. I'm not fans of the powderpuff, I love the hairless.

Her face is adorable :)
Its is I love her face with the dark round eyes and the white

omg she is so cute i see alot of cc's in the showing world over here
congrats
keep the piccies coming
I'm might post the other pics my breeder sent my on my first post. but thanks

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am not a big fan of the Powder Puffs either, I also do not care for the hairy hairless as you still have to shave them. Give me a hairless... I like low maintenance:)

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not a big fan of the Powder Puffs either, I also do not care for the hairy hairless as you still have to shave them. Give me a hairless... I like low maintenance:)
Well there low maintenance to a point...you still need to oil up there skin and put on sunscreen when they go outside for long periods of time. They need a bath like once a week. I tried explaining to my grandmother that there like little people on four legs. Because the Crest(hair on there head) always keeps growing, more then the plume and their socks. Just like Human hair, and the need to be bathed more and lotioned. There low maintenace to the fact that the powderpuffs need groomed every day, to stop mats and the under coat sometime need to be cut. So...I just love the look of the Hairless.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Awwwww she's going to be gorgeous! Hairless CCs always look so regal and... fancy! I had been watching for a CC on petfinder before I got my chis. Maybe I'll still get one, if I can convince the husband. lol

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Yes..I have researched the breed for ages now and know about the upkeep. I was really referring to the longer coat and shaving the coat versus the naked:)

I love the naked look LOL! and have been considering a Sphynx cat as well. They too have the same type of upkeep as the Cresteds.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes..I have researched the breed for ages now and know about the upkeep. I was really referring to the longer coat and shaving the coat versus the naked:)

I love the naked look LOL! and have been considering a Sphynx cat as well. They too have the same type of upkeep as the Cresteds.
Oh ok. I love the naked look too. Naked is the new clothing Style. Lol XD The Sphynx cats are so cool, But Im going to stick with my cats with fur. Cheaper...

Awwwww she's going to be gorgeous! Hairless CCs always look so regal and... fancy! I had been watching for a CC on petfinder before I got my chis. Maybe I'll still get one, if I can convince the husband. lol
I would check Breeders.net also. Thats where I found my mentor, and some of my chihuahuas. But my husband is addicted to my babies as much as I am. Its easy convincing him. for now....

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok..so whats the difference in the powder puffs. I LOOOOOVE the hairless. Well the ones without the body hair,but still has the face a feet fur.

Lori
Well there is some what 3 kinds of CC, but they really say there is only 2. Like short and long hair Chihuahuas. There is the "Hairless" with only the Crest(hair on head) Socks, and Plume, then there is the "Hairy Hairless" which has the no hair on the muzzel but has a thin layer over hair all over its body. Then there is the "PowderPuff" Which has 2 Layers of hair along with the fuzzy face. The Hairless has very little grooming, but a good bit of bathing and skin care through. My little Girl is a true Hairless CC. so are both her Parents.

She is just the cutest Chinese Crested I have ever laid my eyes on. What a little doll! Congratulations!
Thank you! She is very beautiful and we cant wait to see how see changes. They say that CC are alot like Dalmations since they get there spots later that its the same with CC. That the grow spots some times. not all the time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts