Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my new puppy in a week. He'll be my first Chi. Does anyone have any tips or anything I should know about or things I should do before I get him? Thanks!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
oh wow how exciting this whole forum is so full of tips try doing a specific search on things you want to know or ask us specific questions lol its easier that way - welcome aboard :wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Before you get your puppy, definitely get on your hands and knees and look around the floor for anything a little pup can swallow or choke on. Check the yard as well for dangerous things a pup would find.

You might want to decide prior to picking the puppy up where you will be feeding him, having him sleep, all that good stuff so both of you aren't confused.

You may also want to start shopping around for a vet (if you don't have one already) and ask if they are experienced dealing with toy breeds, etc. or ask friends where they take their dogs or cats.

Lastly, you may want to post the phone numbers of a local emergency animal clinic, the poison hotline and other emergency numbers you might need (hopefully not). Better safe than sorry.

Receiving blankets for babies are also a nice thing to have on hand with a chi pup. They're toasty warm and make great blankets for their beds or just to wrap them up in when they're on your lap.

Congrats on the new baby! I can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hello & welcome There is a lot of good info here and looking at past posts is very helpful. I would be sure to have some nutrical on hand for your baby and some small soft toys and a small ball. :wave:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you guys all so much. I really love it here and I'm getting so much awesome info already! I'll be sure to post pics soon! :love7:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts