Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Canon Rebel T3, and I've been having so much fun playing with it!

Got 3 cute pictures of Jazz which I wanted to share. :)

Premium Member
Lovely, I got a decent camera last fall and it sure makes a difference! Love your pictures and enjoy your camera. I bet 90% of the pictures I take are of the fur kids.

Registered
How adorable!! Great camera quality too. Gotta be able to pick up all that fine-detail cuteness. =D

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. I'm loving my new camera. It takes lovely shots....though of course it helps that my dog subjects are pretty darn cute. Prejudiced? Moi? :coolwink:

Wow those pics are awesome! I've been looking at cameras for a while now and don't know which one to get! Is that the t3 or t3i? Recommendations on where to buy it?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
It's a T3. I went back and forth between it and the T3i. Both of those cameras are essentially the same in most respects. They have the same basic sensor, the same viewfinder and the same basic processor. They differ with respect to small features that don't mean much in the long run, at least not for me. The T3i has slightly better video for example, but I don't do much videoing. They are both Canon's entry level offerings. Neither one is outside of that type of camera. The T3i just has a few more doo dads.

I discovered that within the Canon lineup, you don't really change a whole lot until you move up the the 60D, but as long as you have that word "Rebel" on the front, it's their entry level model. I kept hearing claims of all these big differences, and really, there's just not. The articulated LCD screen is a big selling point with the T3i, but as I don't use the screen much, preferring to use the view finder, that wasn't a big deal to me.

At the end of the day, the T3 was significantly cheaper than the T3i, and as it had all the features I wanted I went with that. After I did some hands-on research at my local Best Buy, I found the best deal on Amazon.

I couldn't be happier with my choice! :D

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info! I'm excited to get a camera, just need to pick one. I found one more I like made by Sony, I need to go to a store so I can test them all out! Enjoy your new toy! :)

One thing I forgot to mention, which may or may not be an issue for you but was for me, is that it was important to me I buy a camera that had an easy and seamless interface with my computer.

I'm a MAC user (all my technology's Apple based) and some cameras connect more easily than others with my desktop and specifically with my iPhoto. Some require installed software to make that connection, and even then there are one or two that come with their own proprietary image storing programs. I like my iPhoto better than anything else I've tried, so I had to make sure that the interface between it and any camera I purchased was trouble-free.

Registered
I had been a Canon die-hard for years & my 1st DSLR was the Rebel. I then moved up to the XTi, the T1i & finally, the T2i. I sold the T2i after about a year & it was a tough decision. We hadn't been able to go on vacation & my niece was no longer in that super cute baby/just learning to walk phase any longer; so the two things I loved taking thousands of photos of were no longer. That & carrying around the camera plus anything else became more difficult after each back surgery. I really started to miss having a camera so I started researching the compact DSLR models waiting for the "one" that would seduce me into buying it but I still struggled with how often I would actually use it. Then, in December 2012, I got Javier for my 40th birthday. Well, I would need a camera to take pictures so for Christmas, I got a Sony Nex-6. I absolutely freakin' love it. It's small, lightweight, still has interchangeable lenses, built in electronic view finder & flash, lcd screen, everything my Canons had but smaller. It fits in my purse with a lense attached or I carry my much smaller camera bag. I have yet to take a bad picture & even my husband thinks it's the best & easiest camera to use (& he doesn't have the interest in photography that I do). I think Canon is great but I personally think my Sony is much better, for what it's worth.

Registered
What gorgeous pictures! When I got my first chi, I didn't appreciate the costs that would come with it. Not just food and vet bills, but also clothes, treats and a good camera to capture all those doting mum moments! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts