Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may already know I live in the city without a car. So a carrier is a must
for travel, otherwise the taxi or bus won't accept you with a dog. Chanel never
spends more than taxi travel time in her carrier, she walks to and from the
car, and every other chance she gets. For me this is not a fashion statement,
it is for a much needed purpose. I was waiting a very long time for this
carrier. Chanel is very long, and I also like to put a blanket and toy inside the
carrier, therefore I needed a big one. This one is the longest I found, it's 21
inches long, which is just super! I'm very happy with this carrier, it is
extremely well ventilated, it is roomy, the quality is better than I hoped, and I
love that it looks more like a bag than a pet carrier, it's just great. And Chanel
is such a funny girl, she was very sleepy while I was taking the pictures, and
she ended up falling asleep inside the carrier,lol.(last picture) Guess she approves. :)

ps: sorry for the picture quality and for Chanel's sleepy face, I took
the pictures quickly since Pigeonsheep asked to see the new carrier.
I still think Chanel looks adorable, but hey it's my baby girl. :love5:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
wowowowow! that is one beautifully elegant...of course ur style carrier! that is soooooo cute! makes me want one now :( LOL~ i bet it was pricey! anythin that looks that good cant be cheap~~ of course Chanel is a cutie booty! :lol:

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like your new carrier. Is it comfortable to carry? It really could pass for a large purse.
I find it very comfortable, I'm 5 feet 11 inches, so it doesn't look so huge and
the strap is very comfortable. Perhaps for someone much shorter this bag will
feel overwhelming. They do come in two sizes however, but both are larger than
standard, one is 18" long and mine is 21.5" long. The strap is adjustable and
removable, and there are also handles you can use. It's comfy for the pup as
well, it comes with a double-padded cushion, so technically there is no need for
any blanket.

Well I agree with you. It looks perfectly made for her.
Oh if you only knew how hard I looked for just the right fit.
I'm so thrilled about it. I got very lucky with this purchase.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Chanel looks so small next to the boys. It surprised me when you said you were having trouble finding a carrier that was big enough.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wowowowow! that is one beautifully elegant...of course ur style carrier! that is soooooo cute! makes me want one now :( LOL~ i bet it was pricey! anythin that looks that good cant be cheap~~ of course Chanel is a cutie booty! :lol:
Well the way I always see it is it's better to invest in a quality product that'll
last then to buy several that don't. I had many carriers with my Pomeranian,
so I learned the hard way. I am proud to say that this carrier is 100% leather
free, even though it resembles it! It was still pricey, 200$ I paid. Expensive for
me, but I'm very careful with my things, so I hope it lasts me a while.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chanel looks so small next to the boys. It surprised me when you said you were having trouble finding a carrier that was big enough.
You know technically she fits in all the standard carriers, but I just didn't feel
that she was comfy enough in her old one, she couldn't really stretch out and
stuff. I just wanted her to be as comfortable as possible for the times she does
have to use it. I worry too much I guess. She is a tall girl though, and very long,
and weighs 7 lbs.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Well of course you want to make sure she's comfortable! Funny story, I was talking with a lady who owns a dog supply store here who makes and sells her own carrier design in the store. She has a Shih Tzu and when the dog was a puppy she used the smallest version of the carrier. When the dog grew, she tried to move her to a larger carrier but the little dog just isn't going for it . She prefers the smaller carrier which like you were saying about Chanel is technically big enough but not big enough for her to stretch out or turn around. So far I think the little dog is winning - she was still using the little carrier last time I talked to her.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
True, some pups like that cozy, tight, snuggle type feeling. My boys are like that, they only
sleep in Chanel's tiny beds, even though they have the larger version of the exact same
thing.

Do you use carriers Terri?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I have one for Taz becausevI like to carry her into stores with me. I carry her as many places as I can and I'm afraid to leave her in the car because I'm afraid someone would steal her. My bag is made of blue ticking sripe fabric and is lined with a blue floral fabric. The shoulder strap ties so the length can be adusted. It has pockets on the outside that I use for my wallet and stuff. I got it from a lady on Etsy and I picked out the fabric. I only put her in the bag while I am inside the store as she prefers walking to being carried. But she took to the bag easily and will climb into it to take a nap if I leave it where she can get to it. No bag for Charlie. He hates riding in the car and is terrified of strangers so his outings are just walks in the neighborhood.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have one for Taz becausevI like to carry her into stores with me. I carry her as many places as I can and I'm afraid to leave her in the car because I'm afraid someone would steal her. My bag is made of blue ticking sripe fabric and is lined with a blue floral fabric. The shoulder strap ties so the length can be adusted. It has pockets on the outside that I use for my wallet and stuff. I got it from a lady on Etsy and I picked out the fabric. I only put her in the bag while I am inside the store as she prefers walking to being carried. But she took to the bag easily and will climb into it to take a nap if I leave it where she can get to it. No bag for Charlie. He hates riding in the car and is terrified of strangers so his outings are just walks in the neighborhood.

I just discovered that site, Etsy, it's really amazing!
Lots of very nice, unique items.
I'm like you I also put my wallet and stuff into the pup
carrier, so I don't have to bring two bags with me.
How big are your pups?
I ask because I considered fabric carriers in the past, but thought
perhaps Chanel is too heavy for one, they always seem so delicate.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Taz is six months and weighs 3.5 lbs. Charlie weighs 9 lbs and I don't think the fabric type carrier would work for him at all. If I was going to carry him I would definitely want something more like what you got.
Before I got the carrier I used to put Taz in my coat pocket. That may be why she took to the bag so easily.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
That is such a nice bag! It really could be mistaken for a purse.

Wow, your almost as tall as I. I am 6 feet tall.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is such a nice bag! It really could be mistaken for a purse.

Wow, your almost as tall as I. I am 6 feet tall.

Haha, I think I am too, lol...not too sure last time I actually measured I was 17
or 18 or so. Hubby thinks I'm 6 feet...but he's just guessing, haha. I should find
out for sure once and for all! :lol:

Thank you for your compliment on the bag I chose, I think it's pretty neat. :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
its better than pretty neat! lol. i really love it...is it from canada? or the states? do u have a link. i just wanna seeeee :lol:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
ooooooh! I really love that carrier! Very stylish
Chanel looks fab in it!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its better than pretty neat! lol. i really love it...is it from canada? or the states? do u have a link. i just wanna seeeee :lol:
Sure here you go :)

karli black pet carrier: Bitch New York - Designer Dog Carriers, Designer Dog Clothing

Also if you type in coupon code CYBERDOG, you will get 20% off, but only on Mondays.

ooooooh! I really love that carrier! Very stylish
Chanel looks fab in it!
Thank you! I like your brown one a lot, really wish to find it. :)

It is GORGEOUS!! I've been looking for a carrier that looks like a purse and have yet to find one I like and can afford. I love this one :)
Oh yes I can already see Finn and Leila in it, together! ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts