Chihuahua People Forum banner

New Chi Baby Owner :)

3K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Cream Chi's 
#1 ·
Hey All,

My name is Kellie & I'm a new (kinda) owner to a gorgeous boy - His name is Ben and he is a long haired Chihuahua Male. He was born on March 17th, Currently five months old (as of today).

I'm excited to get to talking with other people who are/have experienced some of the same things as I have as well as make some new friends and share pictures :):)

#16 ·
Ah, okay. I hate to sound so harsh, but RC is not a very good food at all. Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor displays unbiased food ratings with a detailed analysis of every food so you can understand why it is good or not. I would suggest a grain-free kibble such as Acana or Fromm, or if you can afford the best of the best premade foods, I would recommend freeze dried or frozen raw such as Ziwipeak or Stella And Chewys. However, fresh prepared raw is really the absolute best thing you can feed, but you need to understand what you're doing. There's a great forum here on raw feeding if you're interested in checking that out.

#21 ·
Ben spent a day or so spitting out DNA, I wet it and tried it so many different ways.. the only thing that got him to eat any of it was the fact that my sister in law came over with her two dogs (a Pomchi and a Shih Tzu) and the minute they showed Interest in Ben's food he ate it all up.

My boyfriend keeps telling me about the Acana and I've heard lots of good things about it on here - Ben does like kibble food better Im noticing Lol, I don't want to have to bring other dogs over everytime I need him to eat :p:p and Acana is really accessible to me. I only bought a sample bag of DNA so its really no loss on me if he doesn't like it. I would like to start switching him however before I run out of his Royal Canin ( I don't want to have to buy another bag of it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.