Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may or MAY not remember me as Guinness's and Jada's Mom. Anyhow - you know the rule- you can't just have one chihuahua.. and when you see one in need (how many) have you had to snatch it up?

I was browsing through craigs list and saw two chi pups being given away. There were two of them, a male and female. They were adorable! They were having to give them up because they were moving out of the country. I emailed her back and forth a few times and asked how much she was asking for them. She said 500$ for both.

So a few days later, we came to see them. The first one that greeted us was "Gretchen". When I asked the woman how much she weighed, she said 4lbs but "Gretchen" does NOT look like she's 4lbs. In fact, she looks to be around 3 even. She is pretty underweight. The other one was a bigger boy, a tan and white handsome little guy they had called "Rabbit" because he hopped around when outside in the grass.

I went to pet "Rabbit" and he ran away. "Gretchen" however jumped right into my arms and gave me a lot of kisses and was very friendly and loveable (just like Jada). Anyhow I went to go pet Rabbit who was being held by the woman and he snapped at me. I thought maybe it was a defensive thing so I just sat down, offered him some treats and he sat next to me. I thought he was warming up to me and I started petting him on the head and he was doing okay. Then out of NO WHERE he snapped at me, but not just snapped, he full out bit me and tore a gash in my palm next to my thumb. A nice sized chunk of skin and drew blood!

3 hours later and my hand still hurts.

After the second act of him snapping and then biting me I decided I did NOT want him. I was not used to a tempermental chihuahua and I could not read him and he HURT me, lol so I said.. nah. But we told the woman we would give her $250 for "Gretchen". Then the woman turns around and says.. No. I meant I wanted 500$ for EACH. (She really did, multiple times - say 500$ for BOTH). Then she said she had to ask her boyfriend.

In the kitchen he was like "You DID say 500$ for both." Needless to say, we ended up getting her for $250. Oh, did I mention she is not fixed - never had a shot in her life and just started going into heat? Lovely. She's going to the vet first thing in the morning!

Wierd story - but she was a cutie (to me) and I knew we would provide her a better home than they have! Here are some pictures!

Her first picture home.

No, her eyes aren't red. Her iris is just VERY big and brown!

And, of course - Jada! She's VERY excited to have a new playmate! "Gretchen" on the other hand, doesn't quite know what to think!

P.S. We do not like the name "Gretchen". I would like to rename her. Something original - nothing common or "foo-foo cute". Maybe something that sounds good along side "Jada". Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
She is just stunning! I love her ears and I'm so happy she'll have a wonderful forever home with you! My favorite J name is Janet....or Miss Jackson if you're nasty. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, since Jada is a lot like Jade, the stone, how about naming this one Jewel? I'm glad you rescued her and feel so sorry for the little male. God only knows what they did to him to make him react like that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts