Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Chi lovers!
I got my little girl about 3 weeks ago and at first she was soo scared! Now she is settled and enjoying her new home, unless I have to go out. She likes to be mischievous during these times ;).

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Welcome! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why does my Chi make me feel so guilty whenever I leave home. When I get back she's crying and whimpering and just wants to sleep on my lap. I feel so bad whenever I leave :( She gives me the saddest face, almost brings me to tears. Even if it's just a few minutes she cries and whimpers!! I don't acknowledge it, but it's so hard. I need to get her a friend :(.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had the same problem with the first of my two chi's, Chiquita. When I would leave for a few hours and come back, she was whimpering and looking up at me like, "I was so sad and lonely and scared!" After MUCH deliberation, I did get a friend for her; in fact, they were already friends. Vana was from the same rescue shelter and were fostered together for a week. It has made a world of difference for Chiquita. Now she's happy to see me when I get back, as is Vana, but it's clear she was okay while I was gone. So if you can do it, it might really be the solution. Anyway, it was for Chiquita!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts