Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am a first time dog/chi owner and couldn't be happier. :) I have a 9 month old blue chi named Dill. I never thought I could love an animal so much. He is so loving and affectionate. Also he is extremely smart. He picked up on fetching the first day I got him home at 8 weeks. Now he wants to fetch 24/7 lol. He also happens to love playing with the loudest and most obnoxious squeak toys at all hours of the night lol. It's very amusing. He has been great so far... Never chews furniture, he's paper trained, but the only thing I have issues with is him eating his own poop sometimes.... And also my cats poop. It's disgusting!! So if anyone has any good input on this issue it would be a great help!!!!:)

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Welcome Neighbor! We are also from Ohio...
I know that Dr.s Foster and Smith Catalog carries a number of products to solve "coprophagia" (poop eaters). Maybe start there and then do a price compare search as they can be quite $$$.
Our ACD/BC mix, Gilda, came to us eating all sorts of non-food items (chicken poop was a favorite). It seems like putting her on a high-quality kibble was the solution.
Good luck. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much Dee! I will try that. I notice that Dill has also been eating rubber bands!! I don't know where he gets them! I only noticed because he starts chasing his butt in circles and then I see a rubber band sticking half way out. Lol. Oh jeeZ what a handful :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts