Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new here. My name is Yash and I am a new Chi mommy. I adopted a 2 year old long haired male Chihuahua just yesterday and I want to know everything about how to get him to like me.
He's very shy and wouldn't let me touch him. I've read somewhere that because they were eager to please, they would easily get used to their new humans. But I still need help.

Hope you'd give me some advice.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

I may not be the best person to give you advise since I got Hershey at 12 weeks. But I think they start to warm up to you in 3-4 days as they adjust to you and the new surroundings. Give him a few more days and I'm sure he'll be following you wherever you go.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your baby!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Sit in the floor with him or better yet lay in the floor so you don't seem so big and threating to him have some treats with you and just try to get him to come to you.
You can also just lay there and he might deside to come to you on his on but be sure to have some treats with you to reward him for coming to you.Just give him time he will come to you.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome, congrats on your new chi, you came to right place for answers. Any questions just ask or use the search option. You will find so much great information here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG Thank you so much for all your advise!

Me and my partner worked on him all weekend to make him more comfortable with us and his surroundings and he is doing so much better. He would let us pet him now without trying to bite us and he would come near us when we call him. He also wags his tail now and not keep it tucked between his legs. he has started to get used to our routine and when we say "let's go" he knows we are going for a walk. He is such a sweetheart.

I do have another question though... I'm the one who would always give him his food and hug him and pet him and carry him out for his walks and all that, but he would follow my partner everywhere and would jump on her lap when she's on the floor or on the sofa. I want him to be my special dog because our female pomeranian is also the same with her. So when we got Chaos, I wanted him to be mine (selfish i know). Any thoughts why?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts