Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately it didnt work out with Sugar but I have made contact with a breeder in Madrid via ukclassifieds who can ship here.
He has these two beautiful girls. They are 5 months old. I was looking for a sc but he accidentally sent me the lc pic instead of the sc!! I fell in love with the lighter coloured girl:

·
Registered
254 Posts
yeah, what happened with Sugar? :wave:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damien and I talked about it and decided it was gonna work out REALLY expensive, above the budget we had originally discussed and with us just getting married last month, christmas this month and wanting to put an offer on a new house its just a bit too much. This little girl is within our budget tho!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
why not just wait on the pups from Keenaughts they're actually in N. Ireland :? and it gives you time to prepare for a pup and you can actually go view the mum and pups before you get them

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im just keeping my options open. When I emailed Wilma she said they are hoping to have pups next year but from the way I read the email I dont know whether she is sure. Im exploring all options, this is one of them!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I personally think if you can see a pup with it's mum and litter mates then it's the best thing umm also wouldnt a pup need to be quarentined or need a passport which usually means the dog would be 6 months by the time you get it if it was coming into the uk and isnt that just extra expense??

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not anymore. There is a thing called the PETs Scheme which has certain countries on its list which it is available to. It basically means the quarantine is only 1 or 2 days to check the paper work and microchip. You can read more about this here:
http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/index.htm
It means that you could take your dog on holiday with you and back again without any problems so long as its one of the listed countries.

I understand what you are saying about seeing the littermates and parents. One of my main issues with trying to find a pup is that I have a severe anxiety disorder, mainly social phobia which stops me going out in public alone. My husband works so my only real contact with people is online. I wont use phones either which again limits my chances. I get really bad panic attacks meeting people I dont know and so I cant work, medically signed off for over 2 years now. Im hoping that my new pup might help me a bit because I will want to take her for little walks and having her with me might help my recovery somewhat.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
:? I could be wrong but I still think the dog needs a passport to qualify for that with means rabies injections etc which all adds up. I know Lillo needed a passport, rabies injections and blood tests because Angela is taking him to Italy to live and thats within the EU.

·
Registered
254 Posts
:wink: I say go for it, as long as you know they are healthy, and safe.... I love that blonde one too! :wave: :lol:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think its all the same thing, its travelling within europe generally from what I read. I dont know I could be wrong.
I was already looking at shipping from the uk mainland anyways. I know how much stress it is - We had a family dog before and have to have him put through quarantine.
As I said this isnt a final option just another one im looking at.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I personally dont agree with shipping young animals but from what I read you need a passport which requires this:

to qualify for the PETS scheme, cats and dogs must meet the following before they leave the UK:

* they must be implanted with microchip identification which meets the ISO specification.
* They must be vaccinated against rabies (and given booster vaccinations as required). They must be at least 3 months old, and already implanted with a microchip before the first vaccination.
* At least 30 days after the initial course of rabies injections is completed, they must be blood-tested to show that vaccination was successful, if they fail, they must be vaccinated and tested again.
* Once your pet has been successfully blood tested, it will be able to re-enter the UK no less than 6 months after the date the blood sample was taken.
* Following successful vaccination, they must have a health certificate signed by a veterinary surgeon holding LVI status, indicating that the above conditions have been met.
* Some countries may demand a separate certificate to prove that your pet meets their requirements.

getting a pet passport isnt a quick thing, anyway that might help you if you decide to go thru with it, it's also relatively expensive from what I remember. I think it's the same when it comes to importing an animal might involve a longer wait due to our rabies regulations

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/procedures/owners.htm it's all written there but above is a more detailed breakdown of the required paperwork, tests and vaccinations required

·
Registered
640 Posts
And here they are again! This time used as a pic for an ariticle. At least this guy's phone number is in the same area code as the US breeder in Richmond. These puppies are NOT in Madrid. WHAT A SCAM!!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Bijou said:
WARNING!! I was just surfing the web for Chihuahua puppy pics and ran across the same picture from a breeder saying these two pups live in Richmond. How can they be here in the US and there in Madrid at the same time? Look here: http://www.mchenryonline.com/classifieds/sale/forsale.shtml
OMG those are the same dogs!!!

Oh please be careful....sounds very shady to me...Kinda like the dog my BIL got, they claimed it was 10 weeks and the vet just said it was only 6!! :shock: I so don't trust these breeders online...you just never know what you'll get....

Show the breeder this link and see what they have to say about it...

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I think I showed people once before when american dogs pictures were being advertised to UK buyers saying they were in europe or africa. Thats why I always say buy off the KC or breed club lists.

edit to say: it's due to the demand in this country far outstripping the supply, at the end of the day it's best to wait on lists with reputable breeders then you know what your getting

·
Registered
640 Posts
I remember that! I would never buy a dog I could not see first. I did once have a cat shipped but I knew 100 people who KNEW the breeder as she was really big in the cat show world. She sent me a really nice cat and a "friend" for the cat as well.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts