Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm Belinda and I have a recently adopted chihuahua, Gus. Because he came from the Humane Society we don't know exactly how old he is - the vet there told us 4 months, the animal services rep we spoke to guessed 6-7 months, and our neighbor who is a vet says he's between 2-4 years (?!). We have an appointment with our regular vet set up for tomorrow morning, so maybe we'll get yet another different age estimate :confused:

I'm hoping to learn more about the breed and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions! We have a 6 y/o Cocker Spaniel, Khloe, and they get along great. We also have two kids, ages 6 and 3, and he loves them too. In fact, the only issue we are having with Gus at all is consistent housetraining. He's in his crate at night and sleeps in there without a peep all night. First thing in the morning I let him out and he will go outside to pee and poop, but throughout the day, it's hit or miss. We have a dog door, which he figured out really quickly, but whether or not he uses it for going out to eliminate is another story. He also has marked in the house a few times (he was just neutered a couple of weeks ago). Not knowing his age is making it difficult to know just how to deal with this - I'm not sure what to expect of him!

Anyway, I know this was supposed to be more of an introduction, so I'll stop rambling. It's nice to have found the site!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hello and welcome to the group.. Kudos to you for rescuing a chi baby who needed a home.. Deb

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome to the forum,it is a great help to chihuahua owners.They are such loving loyal little dogs enjoy each other.xx

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome to CP. Kuddos to you for adopting Gus. I am sure if you work with him a bit his potty habbits will get better as he is in a new home now. Please keep us posted on what the vet says.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts