Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am a noob and I have Chi's Sonny who is 7 months and BG who is a year and half. Chis are new for me as I have always owned larger dogs. I am the Director of Adoptions for Basset Hound Rescue so I have two Bassets Sadie (14) and Gibbs (8) and two cats Nala and Huly. The chis are definately a lot of fun and I am enjoying them. Since they were raised with Bassets so far they have both learned to howl like a Basset Hound. :D

I am doing things a little different with all of my kids. They only eat holistic and I see a vet that is trained in traditional and holistic meds. They currently eat Great Life Chicken and love it. We are also working on litter training both of them as we have hawks near our house so they can not be in the yard without me and I can easily work long hours.

Well I guess that is enough background info and I should get on with the better aspect of this forum and post a photo or two of the kids.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Another beautiful black and tan! Gorgeous boy. I like your bassett too. :) Welcome.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most people think they are mini pins as the are the long legged (I think it is called deer or fawn) chi.

It is actually pretty funny how we ended up with them. My hubby and I are avid ******* fans and run a large tailgate. One of our tailgaters breeds chis and brings them to the tailgates. Well BG followed my husband everywhere. I kept saying no we have to many as it is (2 dogs 2 cats and random fosters). My one cat also likes to beat up all the dogs so how was I going to deal with Huly and the small delicate little pup well by the end of the day BG was in the Jeep heading home he gave her to my husband and as long as Huly (the cat) approved she could stay. Huly thinks she is a bird or rabbit so he did not pick on her. We named her BG for the ******* colors Burgundy and Gold.

A year later that same tailgater and friend sent me pics of her little brother Sonny after I met him at a tailgate and thought he was too cute and no one else wanted him. Two weeks of me saying no goes by then I walk into work and a co-worker lost their 10 year old lab. I started thinking of ages as my bassets are 14 and 8, Huly is 11 and nala is 18 so BG would have no one to grow up with so I called and brought Sonny home too.

·
Registered
655 Posts
In one of the pictures your chi looks like he's
laughing, so cheering and cute! My husband used
to have a Basset Hound and how he loved
that dog. Hubby said he was almost human. They are very
loving dogs. Welcome to the Forum!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts