Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, so good to find this forum. I have been reading and have found some very useful information on here.
Anyhoo. I had been looking for either a mini dachshund or a chi. Looked for awhile trying to decide if I wanted to bite the bullet and have another dog. We had a toy poodle for 15 years and she passed on....so I have been down to 1 cat who is about 6 years old. It was nice, because the cats arent so demanding.
I got the bug again for a dog....started looking and have looked for awhile. I saw a pic of this one in our classifed section of the paper. We are on a limited income and had to replace a roof on our house, I like to barter, so I popped her a message and asked her if she would trade for a wii and accessories that I had won in a contest. She didn't reply for a week...then she did, and said she would like to trade. I was so excited...so we met her at a pet food center and made the trade.
His name is Chachi and he has been with us for a month. He is 4 months old. I have never owned a chi before, but my brother has one and she is a demon dog and won't let anyone pet her. I was worried because I don't want Chachi acting like that...he is very sweet, and he does hide behind me when we have company but he doesn't growl and carry on. I don't regret the trade at all and am very happy with him I am going to try and socialize him, so he will be friendly. He just had his second round of shots and is doing well. He has been to Petsmart, my sons house and my moms, and the vet. We want him to get use to riding in the car.
The breeder had him on Purina puppy chow and we wanted to put him on a higher quality dog food, so we went to Petsmart and got him blue buffalo. He refused to eat it. We tried everything. We mixed it with his other and he would eat his old every time and leave the blue buffalo. The ONLY way he would eat it was if I put peanut butter on it LOL. We are going to try Nutro next, because the lady at Petsmart, said she had Chi's and hers loved it. The good thing about Petsmart is they will take it back.
Sorry this is rambling but I wanted to introduce myself and Chachi!!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Welcome!
Please post pics soon if you can!!

If you have looked around this site, you have perhaps found a great link that I like to share. It is a pet food ratings site. It is unbiased. You can search particular foods or by rating (4 star, 5 star, etc.).

Dog Food Reviews | Dog Food Ratings

There are MANY here who feed inexpensive, 4-5 star kibbles. They can help as well.

I'd be certain to add some water to his food. It will be easier to digest and easier on his kidneys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts