Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My name is Bette and I am a new owner of a chihuahua. I just adopted him 3 days ago. He is only 6 weeks old which seemed a little early to send them away. I feed him soft puppy food. He isn't much into water and was wondering how I could get him to drink it. I'm not sure how to deal with a chi puppy yet. I am learning but not much.
I bought him a diaper bag to carry him in. I take him to work with me and to the stores. I don't get much down if I take him out of his bag. Is there any info about these dogs and what is best for them. How is their health and what should I watch for. Thanks

PS My log in name is spelled wrong...Taquitosmama I forgot the "u". :oops:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hello & welcome :wave: You are right 6 weeks is very early. I would be sure to get some nutrical and give him a little each day or if he's not eating a little more. There are a lot of good threads and stickies here you should read that are very helpful. Also don't let him on the ground outside until he has had all his shots

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
WELCOME :wave:

Yes read all the chi articles section, wet food is providing some water, dry food makes them drink more but that is because it is lacking moisture.

everything you need to know is in old posts, get yourself chihuahua's for dummies that is an excellent beginner book.

As far as your name goes post that you want it corrected in site feedback and problems section :)

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Welcome........you will always get good advice from the members , we are lucky to have a few vet tech's who are always very quick to answer our questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts