Chihuahua People Forum banner

new chi what food

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Kristin 
#1 ·
I should be picking my new chi up in about 1.5 weeks if everything goes as planned what the best food to feed a new chi regardless of price?

#4 ·
Price??? every store is a little different, check in your area...but remember that it will take a small chi a while to eat an 8lb sack of dogfood.
I feed small puppies, pureed meat babyfood and cottage cheese. They need the protein and the calcium. When they are small-kibble is there at all times, but it is more difficult to chew unless moistened. I can usually monitor the amount they eat, when I put out a 1/2 jar of babyfood and a tablespoon of cottage cheese.
My four month old puppies are now entirely on kibble. They are very healthy and have nice coats.

#5 ·
I always fed mine Hill's Science Plan- he likes it and theer were never any problems. Tried few others, because I was given free samples, was not really much difference.I heard that Eukanuba is very good, but quite pricely :lol: But after all, they are not eating SO much :lol:

Richie's mom

#7 ·
Richie said:
I always fed mine Hill's Science Plan- he likes it and theer were never any problems. Tried few others, because I was given free samples, was not really much difference.I heard that Eukanuba is very good, but quite pricely :lol: But after all, they are not eating SO much :lol:

Richie's mom
I give mine Hill's Science Diet. I tried a couple of different foods until one of my dogs ended up with a food allergy. :(
The just love Hill's now and the bites are very tiny...perfect for little dogs.

#9 ·
At first I tried Iams canned food and he liked it but it went bad too fast.... I changed him over to Science Diet and he loves it... I moisten it in warm water.. he doesn't like the big chuncks (being soo small right now) I was pounding it with a hammmer..but I finally got smart and I am going to get the ole food processor out and run some through that... I will have plenty ready for him after that.... I did start puttig some dry chopped up stuff in a bowl for him to munch in...he likes the soft stuff better but will munch on the hard stuff sometimes through out the day....

#18 ·
I am from Petfinder but I am not part of the bashing and I can understand if you don't trust me. I think it was wrong what they did. Plus I sleep at night so I was sleeping when everything happened.

Iams is run by Proctor and Gamble which are known to test animals out on there products. I guess it all depends on who you are but I will not by any animal food from the super markets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.