Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I joined this site today because I noticed a lot of good information when researching about my new Chihuahua. I honestly never thought I would own a Chihuahua as I have always been drawn to big dogs. But my sister was not able to give her Chihuahua (Mira) the attention she needed and demanded so I took her. Owning a Chihuahua has been nothing but amazing. Mira is the sweetest dog and I find myself saying the words "Awww" "too cute" and "ridiculous" all the time. She has won my heart for sure.

The reason I was doing research is that she just got her shots two days ago and she wont move, eat or drink. The doctor said this was normal but i am starting to worry as it has been 48 hours. Any good ideas on how to get your dog to drink something? I have resorted to putting water and peanut butter on a spoon!

Also...what is going on with these chihuahua snuggies! I want one!!! :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome to another unexpected/unplanned chi keeper.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Welcome to Cp.Have you tried mixing water with her food to make a gravy,doesn't seem right her not moving etc for 48 hours mine acted normal after their shots i would take her back to the vets (maybe see another one ) .Do you mean Siggys,LOL you have to have 75posts before you can get one

·
Registered
384 Posts
WELCOME TO CHI PPL! and that is very nice that you took in your sisters chi.
what isnt there to love about them?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Hope was fine after her shots. Perhaps a bit tired.

Not certain how old she is but chis are susceptible to hypoglycemia when they are young, so I'd definitely watch her. A little honey on your fingertip may perk her up, but I'd schedule a return visit if you can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome! I'm a newbie to the site too. I also didn't think I'd have a Chi but my husband loves them and I'm completely in love now too. :)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Welcome to the group!
Is she pottying and walking ok, or literally not moving?? That sounds very worrisome. I would take her into the vets, ideally a different vet!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Sounds like your little one is having a reaction to the shots. In the future I would avoid giving shots to her. I would be calling back the vet and demand something to help her feel better. If worst comes to worse You can give her some baby aspirin (1/4-1/2 depending on her weight) and that may help her feel better. You can syringe feed or eye dropper feed her water if needs be. BTW Welcome...I too was one who never thought I would EVER own a chi, now I can't imagine my life without them.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :)

The reason I was doing research is that she just got her shots two days ago and she wont move, eat or drink. The doctor said this was normal
That is definitely not normal at all. I would get her back to a vet, a different one preferably, asap. Please let us know how she is doing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts