Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I am a new Chihuahua owner and just wanted to have a place to connect with other owners. She was actually a "surprise" from some friends of ours for my 11 yr old daughter who was recently confirmed a recurrence of a malignant brain tumor that she was diagnosed with in 2008 & have been having "clear scans" since. We are animal lovers anyway - already having a Great Dane, Yorkie & 2 cats, but she really wanted a small puppy to cuddle with & care for. I had a question regarding her coloring, not that it matters, just curious...the papers lists her as Chocolate Merle but after looking on Internet, it looks like she might be more what they refer to as "lavender"...what do y'all think?

Sent from my iPad using PG Free...
Melissa

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone here will be able to tell. I do know that dogs coloring tends to change as they get older. I had a cockatoo that was all white with about 3 or 4 big black spots. As he matured, his black spots multiplied, in all sizes! And with Angel, I can see more colors coming out in him. But then, my golden hasn't changed at all!
Well, sorry to hear about your daughter. It must be very hard. But, now she has a beautiful little puppy to care for. Sometimes they work miracles!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Hello there and welcome.

Please research Dr. Patrick Sewell for your darling daughter's condition.

He is a famous American Oncologist who has an incredible success rate with his amazing methods in dealing with brain tumors. Last I had contact with him I believe there were 12 Doctors trained by him t/out USA & Canada.

You will find pages and pages on him via google. I'm not sure which hospital he is at right now.

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Congratulations on your puppy and my thoughts and prayers are with you your daughter and your family.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
that is a lovely puppy for your daughter to snuggle up with...sorry you didn't get better news about her health issues....

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I don't know about your dog's coloring but I do hope that your daughter is okay. My thoughts are with you. I think a dog will help, they are great therapy!!!

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Awww, what a cutie! It will be so nice for your daughter to have a buddy that's all hers. She's definitely a merle, and her spots look chocolate, so I would guess that she would be a chocolate merle. I might be mistaken though. I'm sure someone will pipe in that knows their colouring!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of your recent news and hope your daughter's prognosis is good. Thoughts and prayers to all of you.
I too have a merle coated dog. We aren't sure what his classification is (heck, we don't even know what he is for sure!) we've been told he is a chocolate...
I like the sound of lavender so that is my vote. Very beautiful daughter and pup

·
Registered
725 Posts
I heart and prayers go out to your daughter and your family I do hope things get better for her soon its amazing what a little companion can do to help. I don't know much about the merle coloring but I agree that she does look lavender more so than chocolate that said she is still very young and Chihuahuas have the uncanny ability to change colors. My Charlie is 5.5 months old and has changed color twice since I brought him home at 8 weeks. He's gone from very dark sabling with a almost chocolate head to a very light fawn and now his head has gotten dark again but not as dark as it was and the sabling he had when he was a tiny baby is coming back only there is way more of it I can't wait to see what his finished color is going to be your puppy is very beautiful btw I just love the Merle coloring I always wanted a Merle but have never had the opportunity to have one. God bless you and your family I hope your daughter gets better again this time permanently.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for the kind words & prayers!! We are very positive that all will work out. My daughter named her Tippy Toes - We call her Tippy (because of the little white tips on her toes). She is a true love & so much fun!! Can't believe we didn't have Chihuahuas sooner! She is obsessed with our 150 lb Dane though & while he's VERY gentle (even sharing his food bowl with the cats!), I have to keep an eye on them cuz I know how easy it would be for him to accidentally hurt her...I'll have to get another pic of them together...true David & Goliath!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Amazon...just google faux cheetah pet stroller. It was only $40 & was here in 3 days!! They also have zebra but we thought the cheetah matched her coat better!! It even came with a raincover that velcros over it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts