Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, so glad to be here馃榾. I鈥檓 adopting a 3 year old Chi girl today. I have a 7 year old Chi boy named Hank and I am wondering if anyone had any advice on introducing them.

Registered
Congratulations! The only thing better than 1 chi baby is multiples :D

Registered
I'm thinking about getting another one in the next two years or so, but I'm not sure how Cuddles will like that. She's very territorial with our room when it comes to other animals, and I think she enjoys being the main receiver of our love and attention. I was tempted to buy one I saw online a few months ago, but I didn't feel like raising a puppy at the time. I was kinda going through some stuff and didn't feel up to it.

For now, I am waiting till we move, but that's going to take a year or two.

Registered
I'm thinking about getting another one in the next two years or so, but I'm not sure how Cuddles will like that. She's very territorial with our room when it comes to other animals, and I think she enjoys being the main receiver of our love and attention. I was tempted to buy one I saw online a few months ago, but I didn't feel like raising a puppy at the time. I was kinda going through some stuff and didn't feel up to it.

For now, I am waiting till we move, but that's going to take a year or two.
I fully understand, I have a 2 year old female Chi, she is actually my emotional support baby.
I would like to get another one but I don鈥檛 know how she will like it.

Registered
Oh, what a sweetheart girl. Our Mick will steal anything paper and make it his also..:oops:

Registered
Hi all.
I arrived late but I have a few ideas as follows:
Dogs get acquainted with old dogs by meeting 1-1
Have your dog meet in places other than your former dog's home
Let the old dog smell the urine of the new dog
Dog dogs are new to old dogs in the open space
Do not introduce dogs when you are holding them high
Avoid bringing toys or food for both dogs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts