Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so after lurking this site for a little bit, you guys have inspired me to attempt to make some chi clothes for myself,

here is the dress i made layla, out of an old cardigan sleeve, and some old panties i saw at some little shop and thought it would make a perfect little skirt;

front of the shirt after i sewed some pearls to it;

and a shirt i made for riley, out of one of my sisters old plaid shirt sleeves;

and last but not least, a shirt i made for layla out of a sleeve and some shiny stud things;

im actually pretty happy with how they came out! i think laylas dress is my fav. im going to have her wear it every day!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
wow, WOW!!! I love them all but I really love the 1st dress, I wish I could make clothes like that!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys! surprisingly enough it actually wasnt that hard, i just cut off a piece of a old sweater/cardigan and cut two little holes for her arms, then i took a pair of these rufflely panties i found at the store and cut the butt part out and measured it to laylas fat little body and the sewed it to the sleeve, and WAH LA!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Wow I love them. You're very talented. :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Oh, I was just thinking today that I needed to get the sewing machine out and make some clothes for my babies!

What a wonderful job you have done! I absolutely love the first dress...It would be so cute on my Gracie, and I'm sure my husband would love walking her in it!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the newest shirt ive made!, its a zebra bubble shirt with a big black bow!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love those! I really want to make clothes for the puppies but I can't sew at all. Did you see my tiny hoodie? ROFL! The dress is adorable! (and so is the puppy!)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love those! I really want to make clothes for the puppies but I can't sew at all. Did you see my tiny hoodie? ROFL! The dress is adorable! (and so is the puppy!)
yess! it was so cute, i love that color blue, i want to find some pretty blue fabrics for riley, i think he would look nice in like a light blue color. and giiiiirrl, my sewing skills are horrible, i just find out ways to hide them lmao

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wish i could sew, i love their outfits. I can knit and crochet but put me in front of a sewing machine and my brain turns to mush. I will have to have another try in the summer when the orders for winter chi hats and jumpers have slowed down. I keep looking at all the lovely outfits you clever sewers come up with and i am quite jelous.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks so much guys! i def. need to get a sewing machine! doing it all by hand is killing me, specially when the babies see me and try to jump in my lap while im doing it! HMPH!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts