Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Guhner got a new coat. When we took him out for a walk tonight the neighbors were walking their lab and i heard her saying to her boyfriend/husband "i hate that people do that, they think its cute to dress up their dog and its stupid."

whatever lol, he didnt stand and look at me and shiver like he has the last few nights so i dont care lol. he was warm.

and just for giggles, the dog and the boyfriend being lazy a few nights ago, i thought it was cute. :)

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Guhner is adorable in his new coat - warm and cozy in the cold weather. You're a good chi mother.

Your neighbors showed their ignorance about chihuahuas by their remarks about his warm coat. Just ignore them.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I love the new coat, where did you get it? kujo needs one lol. If my neighbors say anything i just tell em to take thier hillbilly butts back in the house and mind thier business. :D :lol: he looks very handsome and warm! will he wear boots in the winter with the snow? kujo has some but doesn't like them much

·
Banned
705 Posts
Oh I wouldn't worry about what people say. Most people don't seem to understand that Chihuahuas are special. By that, I mean, I know they are dogs and we have to remember that but, they do feel the cold and their little legs get tired quite easily on a long walk, etc. We have a stroller for our three, that we use occasionally, and we've had comments like "aren't dogs supposed to walk" and "I've seen it all now" all that sort of ignorance! Also my daughter was told that it was "abuse" to put your dog in a dog coat, unless the weather was really freezing. What twaddle people talk. I'm sure alot of these comments come from jealousy!!! Mine sometimes wear their t-shirts in the house. Not because I'm showing off -cos who's there to see them. But because I have the doors and windows open, when I'm cleaning and stuff and the babies really feel the cold. Somebody asked me yesterday if I was "selling Krystal" because we were out shopping with her! You have to wonder about peoples sanity at times, don't you!!! Oh and Guhner's coat is gorgeous!!!Fran:p

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Awwwww, he looks wonderful in his new coat! Caesar loves wearing shirts and sweaters. If someone comments, I just show them his (almost) hairless chest and explain that he does get quite cold! He gets cold in the house even!

I agree about the neighbors. They're just ignorant about these little guys.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I just tell them that chihuahuas do not fair well in colder weather and that my VET told me that he needs warm clothes when it is colder outside:) My vet really did tell me this, usually this shuts people up because they realize I am not trying to be cutsey but I am trying to protect my little guys. But there are still those ignorant people out there and there is no way to talk since into them, LOL!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i didnt take it to heart. i told my ma and she laughed she said "i would asked those dumb arses if they had coats on." lol my mom is so funny.

stephy- we got it at petco for 19.99 he doesnt like anything long on his arms we had to look forever to find one hat was a coat but still sleeveless.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Lol, I also get the 'But it's a DOG, it's got a coat already!'

Usually by people who have german shepherds/collies etc. 'Real dogs'. I'm sorry, but you can hardly compare a Chihuahua coat to a german shepherd coat. By that reckoning, should they be shaving their big furry dogs in the summer?

I just bought my pup some new coats, a rain coat and a warmer one. I'll post pictures soon, I think. Mine is very similar to yours! (Which is adorable)

·
Registered
857 Posts
My moms silly new husband is like that too. He thinks im just going to dress minnie up. lol. annoying. Very cute coats though it sad that people have to be so ignorant.

·
Registered
740 Posts
wow your neighbors are lucky my mabelline doesnt live close to them.....she would be more than happy to show them some fashion.
Hey....dont ever let what people say bug ya.

·
Registered
726 Posts
i guess i'm on my way to petco :lol: they actually have a really cute one at walmart it's camoflauge :D it is sleeveless as well if i remember right.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The coat is absolutely gorgeous! And your neighbours are silly. I get it all the time (particularly from big dog owners) but if they saw little Pebbles shiver in the cold they would put a coat on her too. Keep strutting your stuff!! :D

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
very cute, I always have to buy armless tops for Twig she absolutely hates anything with sleeves ~ dont worry about the comments u become immune to them after a while, it used to really annoy me but now i just smile and ignore lol - Twig feels the cold so much she wears tshirts and jumpers inside in the winter but she shivers so much if i dont put soemthing on her :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts