Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
summers coming and Bellas lambswool collar will be to hot ( and too hard to keep clean now that she is going outside more ) so we had some new ones made....here she is sporting her new red collar.....looking pretty glam ;)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Lovely Bella, always making a "fashion statement," I love the new leather look for the warm summer..lol Deb

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Deb... her lambswool collar was becoming a nightmare for me...as she is so close to the ground, it would be covered in mud and leaves :D So she now has a pretty red one, a tan one and of course her blue one that isn't the best for her but does in a pinch ..and all easily washed off ....:cool:

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
You know how I LOVE Bella and she always looks so regal in her collars. I like the look of the red leather, but do you worry about leather being hot too? Would a thick cotton jersey like a T-shirt material be practical? Seems like it might be cool and easy to wash, but I would think it would have to be a little thicker not thin cotton material.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
So sweet! I did not even think about the lambswool when it is warm. I picture a festive tropical Hawaiian pattern for her for summer!!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mmmn, looks like a yummy cherry lifesaver!
:D

You know how I LOVE Bella and she always looks so regal in her collars. I like the look of the red leather, but do you worry about leather being hot too? Would a thick cotton jersey like a T-shirt material be practical? Seems like it might be cool and easy to wash, but I would think it would have to be a little thicker not thin cotton material.
unfortunately the collar must be strong enough to prevent her from laying flat...she does have some room between the collar and her neck, although it doesn't look that way in pictures....this is one of those situations were comfort is going to be compromised ...:( Even the lambswool collar is thick and stiff...

So sweet! I did not even think about the lambswool when it is warm. I picture a festive tropical Hawaiian pattern for her for summer!!
I often wrap a bandana around her color for a bit of fun..a tropical pattern sounds good....:D

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Bella looks great in anything and everything, she's a superstar! :)
That collar is very chic though. It is incredibly heartwarming to
see the lengths you go to for your little girl. It's a beautiful thing.
Unfortunately I don't get to see that type of behavior often enough,
which is why I really appreciate it when I do. I wish there were more
people following your example. I respect you so so much.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bella looks great in anything and everything, she's a superstar! :)
That collar is very chic though. It is incredibly heartwarming to
see the lengths you go to for your little girl. It's a beautiful thing.
Unfortunately I don't get to see that type of behavior often enough,
which is why I really appreciate it when I do. I wish there were more
people following your example. I respect you so so much.
thanks... but having a family member with an illness is very familiar to many of us ( or having one ourselves as in your case ) ...I am fortunate in being able to look after Bella as her condition takes up a lot of time and is quite financially taxing...also the constant ups and downs can be over whelming for some people...Bella had an exacerbation of her ME last week and we had to give her many nebulizer treatments, chest physio....extra meds...do lots of extra washing as she was regurging by the bucket full...but...she has turned the corner again ...no pnuemonia, the esophagitis is settling...and is is eating again...so as all is good right now so I thought a couple of new blings ( in her case procollars :D ) were in order :angel12:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts