Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a 12 month old Chihuahua and just looked at his papers closely for the first time (yes I know, what a donut for not looking before). I have always been under the impression that he is a blue fawn as that's what the breeder said, but see on his KC papers he is registered as fawn - I contacted them and they said if he is blue fawn I can just fill out this form and get the papers changed so I figured no worries would do that. Then it occured to me, what if he isn't a blue fawn so I hit google and ended up here :wave:

I have attached some pics of my little guy, any help would be appreciated - obviously I don't want to change his colour if it's correct and I also don't want him to be siring any litters with incorrect papers :D

Senior CheChe when he was little!

Christmas Time

With my Chi x girl Princess (they are soul mates LOL)

With our GSD sleeping (she passed away a month ago)

And again

With the chocolate lab

Last one

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated - at the end of the day whatever colour he is, it's the best colour ever LOL. Though obviously I want his papers to be correct. xxx

TJay & Che xx

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hello and welcome.. he is a very handsome boy.. All of your furbabies are lovely creatures..
You know when you take pics and then post them on a forum what we see is often defined by our individual monitors. The pics you have posted actually appear "color" different from each other on my set up.. Likely, this can be attributed to the camera used, lighting at the time of taking, etc. I would be reluctant to offer an opinion on his color for the purpose of registrations for these reasons.. lol I have an opinion, of course, just think it is better left unsaid since it isn't just conversation ~ but will affect his papers. :D Looking forward to seeing more pics of all your gang in the future. Deb

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
He's just adorable. I am not an expert on colors. Hopefully someone can help. In Finn's rescue, everyone is just "tan" unless they are "black." Not too exciting, huh?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Deb is right. He is darling and I am very sorry for the loss of your big, beautiful sweetheart.

I would have said Blue Fawn from the first pic but in other pics his nose looks too black for him to be a Blue. In later pics he looks Cream like my Hope.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Honestly...it probably doesn't matter enough to change his papers. But the way to answer for yourself is to look at his nose. Is it black...or gray? If it's gray...I'd call him a blue fawn. If it's black..I'd call him fawn. But whats on his papers doesn't matter enough to change it IMO. A LOT of Chi's are registered with inaccurate colors (because it's just so hard to tell when they're young!). Only way I'd bother changing is if it was a complete different color (chocolate instead of black for instance) & I was actively showing them. Otherwise...I'd let it be. It's close enough. :)

He is very handsome btw!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for taking the time :daisy:

I am a very lucky *critter* mummy indeed, it's my lil guys 1st Birthday today :eek:ccasion4:
He got 2 tshirts (1 shorty and one is a wee bit baggy lol) and a fabulous new Jacket for the snowy weather - it's Angry Birds and looks awesome! I totally love the bones of him :love5: and of course my other dogs (Chi x, Lab x and Lab). We have a large family here with a parrot, a cockatiel, 2 cats and a lil pony too :coolwink:

From your info I'd say he is a blue fawn as his nose sometimes looks blackish but it's definitely more like a dark grey. His ears have a kind of purple skin and the hair on his head is tipped in the peachy colour but the base half is purple. Down the middle of his back he also has the half purpley hair but on his sides it's just a tiny wee bit at the base. Some of the pics were taken with my mobile which is why they are pants quality, others with my digicam but only the christmas one was done in the studio lol.

Well I bet get looking at his Birthday pics, so I can shove them on facebook :toothy8:

Tjay and Che xxxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts