Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to "Akin's Health food store" today and they are carrying a new "organic" dog food. It is called "Newmans Own". I have never heard of it, or seen it before??? They have several varieties and the kibble is pretty small. The first ingredient is "organic chicken" no by-products, then brown rice, etc. It is supposed to be excellent food. Has anyone used it before?? The price was actually pretty reasonable, $13.00 for 8pounds. :shock:

sandra
www.chloescustomharness.com

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I've heard about that food and was considering it for chico, but went with another brand instead. The ingredient list for Newman's is excellent...I'd see about maybe getting a sample of the food to see how your chi's like it.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking about getting a bag. If they don't like it, they will let me return it. It was formulated by Paul Newman and his wife. It is supposed to be excellent. They like the Roayl Canin pretty good, but thought they might like a change? :) What spoiled babies I have..... :wink:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I haven't tried the dry food yet, but I have bought their doggie biscuits and Jazzy loves them - and she is very picky.

From what I have been able to find out, their dog food line is very good. Paul Newman's daughter actually owns the company, her dad just lends his name to it. That was the info on the back of the doggie biscuit bag.

Let us know if you decide to try it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
It looks like an excellent food...I think much better than RC. I was going to go with Newman's until I found out no one carried it anywhere near me. They also don't test on animals if that makes a difference to anyone. There is no actual puppy formula, but a lot of the holistic brands say it can be fed to any age. Let us know what you think!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts