Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our fence was completed yesterday and today I took some pics of the fence and the furries enjoying their new found "freedom" in the yard off lead for the first time! Dakota LOVED it, he ran and ran and ran and ran some more. LOL

Outside view:

Inside view:

6 ft black aluminum facing the woods in the back:

They look tiny so far away but there are 3 doggies in this pic!

Dakota and Glory playing

...one more to follow...

·
Registered
483 Posts
aww they look like they loved it, your garden is HUGE lol i miss a garden im having to take roxi out every 2 hours or so its a pain in the bum! lol

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Wow, that's fantastic, Val! It looks wonderful and I'm sure the pups are really loving it! :D They have sooo much room to run, they must be in heaven! I remember when I had the very back of my yard fenced in. We had to remove part of the old chain link fence to make room for the new posts, so I had to use leashes for a couple days while the posts hardened. It's such a great feeling when it's done and you can just open the door and let them right out. :hello1:

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Looks awesome! I love the iron fence at the back. Really neat!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Oh wow, that is so nice!! It must be great to be able to let them run with the peace of mind they can't totally run away. LOL How wonderful...I really love it & am jealous! :)

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Val, that is a great yard! The fur kids must be loving it. Especially Dakota! They all are gorgeous as always.
I didn't know you moved, so please except my late... Congratulations on your new home! It looks very nice. How exciting to be in a new home for Christmas. Congrats again hun! :)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Val, what an awesome fence. I'm so glad for you and doesn't it make life easier??? We got ours done, the exact same wood fence this past spring and it has truly changed my life. I can't believe I can just walk outside with the pups and be out there with them. We still have to be quite careful with the hawks but it's wonderful letting them run around and have fun. Your house looks lovely and what a great set up you have. Kiss the babies from us and yourself!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ohhh, Thats Terrific,,, Great for them.
Dogs love to run/play freely as they should.
You have a lovely view of the woods. Enjoy...
Blessings.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Oh that is brilliant Val!
Dakota will really be loving that especially! lol
Little Faith enjoying the sun is so sweet, she is a doll, as is Glory. x

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, thank you ALL for the sweet comments! Yeah we are all reaping the benefits of the new fence. It's so great just being able to open the door and let them out and not have to fumble with 3 different harnesses and leads and then getting all tangled in the rush to get outside! It's a win-win for everyone.

Only downside to the aluminum fencing is that the chi girls can walk right through the bars no problem. Faith did that yesterday but came right back through when I called her...guess the woods are more interesting than the yard. lol

And the birds of prey are an issue especially with the woods back there. We've got owls, hawks, and eagles. We had a gorgeous but HUGE bald eagle fly overhead the other day and today a hawk circled overhead as I had the dogs out in the yard for a potty break. We have to keep a very close eye and not let our guard down for sure.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Daisy does that at my Mom's house. If you get the lattice (like the criss-cross stuff under mobiles homes) and put it at the bottom, they can't do that anymore.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts