Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay its not a chi...its not even a dog.
I am fostering a 2yr old cat for 2 months until its new mommy is ready for him.
He was abandoned in a home for a very long time. He was brought to our hospital and we thought he was going to die. He couldnt live his head, he couldnt move.
Its been about a month and "Frankie" (named because he has the biggest bluest eyes :wink: ) is doing aweome!!! He started coming around after 4 days and today is walking. He has some permanent neuoligical issues and will never be a normal cat (he cant run, he cant see very well, and he is very wobbly on his legs) but he is a LOVE BUG! All he wants is to be held and loved on.
So I get to be his short-term mommy because the administration at the hospital was pressuring us to find him a home or they were going to put him to sleep :evil: One of the girls wants him but cant take him until August so I stepped up and offered to watch him for the next two months...I am not going to see this cat fight for his life just to be put down. The doc neutered him for us and they are giving me free food and litter until he goes home.
I will post pics soon...he is half siamese (flame point) and half DSH. She is a beautiful cat (and I am not even a cat person)

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
That's so nice of you to take him in until his new mom is ready for him. You have a big heart! He sounds gorgeous! I'd love to see some pictures! :D

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
my sister works at a kennels and they did the same with a german shephard - they wanted to put him asleep because no one would home him, he had a play mate but the man took her but didnt want him because he was her girlfriends and couldnt take him on too. so my sister rang everyone until she rang a friend who said they would be obliged to take him on and she can see him whenever she wants and my sister bought him some food too and a couple of toys.
i admire people like that!
hope to see piccys soon! i love siameses!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts