Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took a break from fostering because of Nova. Well I met this guy at an event and he needed a foster for two weeks while his was out of town (he is pretty cute so I don't know if he will last long). I figured he would be a good way to get back into things cause he is really calm and has a really fun personality. His name is Luke. We think he is a doxie x terrier of some sort maybe? You can see the doxie in his body and his personality.

He is about 70% blind- his previous owners allowed hairs growing into his eyes to go untreated until they actually fused with his cornea. Then they dumped him at a kill shelter- great people those folks. The rescue pulled him and he had a laser surgery to clear the scar tissue and hair off his cornea and also had a procedure to kill the hair folicles that were growing into his eye. So his vision will not get any worse- but it also won't get any better. With the hair gone he is not even really "special needs" because it will not happen again and in the long term I don't think you really would notice he can't see. 30% vision seems to be just fine for a dog around the house. Anyway he is super cute- and a lot of fun. Only 10 months old so he still plays like a puppy. I'm happy to be fostering again- it is fun to have new dogs through from time to time.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Another sweet pumpkin pie! Lucky little man to have you foster him!
I definitely see Dachshund in him, maybe with a Border Terrier mixed in?

Kudos for fostering Annie! You lovely, big hearted love muffin you! :love2:

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
He has such an angel-face. :) So sorry for what happened to him and at such a young age. :( I sure hope he goes to a fabulous forever home! You go Annie!!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Aaawwww, very sweet little guy!!!

It just burns me up:foxes15: how irresponsible people can be, glad Luke got a 2nd chance

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I definitely see Dachshund in him, maybe with a Border Terrier mixed in
I was thinking that maybe too. Or he is wire hair doxie and some other random dog. Either way he is super cute!

What a sweet little face.
Thanks- we love him!

Very cute! How are your kids reacting to him?
The other doggies love him. Kerri and Copley are ver social, and Nova likes to play as long as it is another small dog. With him being so young he is getting on Copley's nerves a little wanting to play- but Copley is very good at gently putting puppies in their place. It is probably good for him really!

He has such an angel-face. :) So sorry for what happened to him and at such a young age. :( I sure hope he goes to a fabulous forever home! You go Annie!!
Aaawwww, very sweet little guy!!!

It just burns me up:foxes15: how irresponsible people can be, glad Luke got a 2nd chance
I am happy about it too. He really is a sweetheart. And he takes his eye drops like champ. Someone will be very lucky to have him.

Ditto from me.
He looks like a sweetie. I'm sure someone will quickly fall in love.

His previous owner disgusts me. How could someone let that happen to a poor innocent dog? Horrible.

Sent from Petguide.com App
Right? I mean when the rescue pulled him from the kill shelter it looked really bad. Someone had to ignore him for a LONG time for it to get this bad.

Awe what a handsome dude hell get scooped up in no time
I hope so! But in the meantime he is a really easy dog to have around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts