Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So glad to find this forum! I have seven chis plus run a small private rescue/placement for unwanted or abandoned chis. There are always guests at our house! i found the forum while searching for info on cleft palates. My 4 yr old went to have a dental cleaning this morning and the vet called to tell me Lucy is a "genetic nightmare":( - she has an undetected HUGE cleft palate deep in her throat. Dr Kim said she is shocked she did not die as a puppy. She has obviously adapted, has never had a cough or an aspiration and is a happy precious dog! But her teeth were a nightmare as well and 5 had to be pulled. so, what do yall think? If she has made it 4 years without issue, do I need to now worry every second about this? I am just sick about it. She is my sweetest and most cuddly, nonconfrontational lover of a dog.

Thanks for prayers and good karma sent my way. :angel8:

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome, what a kind heart you have. Sending prayers your way.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hello and Welcome...I'd not worry about it until a problem presents itself, she seems to be doing fine. My first furbaby had a murmur and lived to be fifteen(and it wasn't the murmur that did her in)..:) every time I went to the vets, if they hadn't seen her before or it's been awhile..they'd reference it like it was a major thing...which I said it hasn't bothered her so it shouldn't bother you and she's had it all her life..she's now (whatever age) and doing fine...but thanks for the update...:)

BTW good for you with all your dwarves and rescues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts