Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave:

I am the owner of tiny chi named Taco, she justed 3! She is my Lil' Girl. We also just got, last night, a new little girl my son has named Clyde. I am really happy to find all of you that I can share my little ones with.

One quick question.....My Taco was not thrilled to see the puppy. Even though we took her several times to see the puppy. Any advice should I just let them get to know each other?

:wave: Bye!!!!

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
second chi

hello and welcome :wave:

as you can see i have also two puppy's.first i had cosmo and now since a few days we have paris. i can't say they hate each other because they like to sleep together, but they are very possessive with chew bones and stuff, they always want to take it from the other. i think alpha-issues are involved here.but it's not really a problem.sometimes i have to intervene, paris is not afraid of cosmo but she's also very tiny....so i'm a bit worried.
i think you have to give them the chance to get used to each other by playing with the two of them,giving both (and taco extra) attention and keep them under strict supervision.

of course this is just my side of view and there are more experienced people here that will give you lots of advice!!! :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Hi and Welcome :hello2:

Glad you found us!
Some one will come along soon and give you some advice.
Hang in there!
We would love to see pics of your babys if you have some.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
welcome :wave: i agree, with time they will come to love each other or come to tolerate each other :) good luck and i can't wait to see pics

·
Registered
615 Posts
I know the introductions can be hard. My Cody will simply not accept another male dog in his household and will actually constantly attack them. He is ok with the girls but prefers not to be bugged too much. He adapted well to them in time, though we have had scuffles between him and Keera for attention. He doesnt expect her to stand up for herself and then he kinda is at a loss.

I got lucky with Keera who isn't big on sharing me. I have also heard often girls are the hardest to get along...unless you have a super alfa male like my Cody. We tried to present Amber my chi as if she were a present just for Keera. Keera still believes Amber is her special toy lol. They get along wonderfully, playing, anuggling and no real fights. I dont know if the size difference had anything to do with it. (Keera 9 lbs, Amber 3 lbs)

My guys were all adults when introduced. Taco may be annoyed by this fast paced youngster. She may be more accepting of Clyde when she has grown up a bit more. Make sure to give Taco tons of attention so she won't feel jelous. Good luck! And we want pictures of the cuties!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
:D Hi & Welcome! :wave:

Be sure to give Taco lots of love and be sure to always greet him first, pet him first, and make sure he gets fed first. In time he will warm up to his new sister! GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts