Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One week ago Pippen was adopted into our family of three female white shepherds, one female cat, one Mike and one Shirley. The three big girls accepted Pippen right away, but our cat took a couple of days longer. We took Pippen to our vet and beside a couple of health issues being cleared up, she got the okay to move forward with training and exercising.

Pippen was an owner surrender that's about all I know of her history; the foster, a vet tech, said she had her for about a year and a half. What I do know is that she is a female Chihuahua, three and a half years old, and continues to charm us and wow us! She is everything we could hope for, a sense of humor, a spark of intelligence, and such a great big heart in the tiniest little body! Everyone loves her and .....oh my gosh what a sweet dog.

Mike, my husband, took her to work with him today. lol.

Here she is with our big girls getting ready to go for a ride:

We're so happy with her. I know there is a honeymoon thingy but positively sure this little girl belongs in our family.

We've joined Chihuahua-People in hopes to keep learning Chihuahua. I've been reading the archives before joining and what a great forum!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Oh wow what beautiful faces,she fits in perfectly with the others,love shepherds.Everybody will ask is she one of their puppies

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I DIDN'T EVEN SEE HER!!
She is a little doll baby! How fun for you! So glad your beautiful big dogs have accepted her.
What does she weigh? What do they weigh by comparison?

Welcome!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everyone:flower:. Michele, you're right! Folks ask, is Pippen a white shepherd pup? lol.

Another FAQ is, aren't you afraid your big girls will hurt her? At first I was, but every day the big girls treat her with more tenderness and more kindness. It's very sweet to see Pippen responding so well, even with our cat...there is blossoming fondness. We're very lucky.

Jesuschick, lol. She really does blend! Pippen weighs three pounds. From the photo, the big girls are from left to right:

Keek is 2½ y/o (we've had her the longest of the big girls--has a dollop of Siberian mix), weighs 60 lbs.
Trinity (Trin) is 6 months and weighs 45 lbs (we're expecting maybe 65ish full grown).
Cris is 6½ y/o (we've had her for just only one year), weighs 70 lbs.

And Celesti, our 13 y/o cat, weighs 6 pounds. Here she is being curious for the camera (I think she was eleven at the time):

And just a big thanks everyone for making me feel at home. I sure do like this place!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Me thinks that you like white furbabies?;p

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Hi and welcome to Chi-ppl. Your little Pippen is a doll! There is no honeymoon period with chi's. That's the beauty of the breed. Your "big" girls are just lovely. You should be very proud of your furry family.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm so glad to hear how other Chis love their cat---that makes me so incredibly happy! It means the world to me for Pippen and Celesti to have even a little bit of a peaceful co-existence together and it really seems like it's going better than hoped-for between the two.

Celesti came to us in 1998 as a baby kitten too young when her mother died. She was super sick and still needed bottle feeding. Our dog Andifur (passed away from old age in 2003) helped every step of the way. Celesti was raised up by one of the nicest of God's angels:

It's been mostly Fate's hand in having white fur babies. Keek came to us pretty much the way Celesti did. She was rescued from a very bad situation by the grown up daughter of one of our friends, whom my husband works with; then placed into my husband's arms while he was at work. She too was very sick and too young to be without her mom. I named her Keek Kimik----can't spell it, can only pronounce, and it means white hair dog in Cup'ik (Eskimo, that's what I am).

Cris came to us byway of Keek. One of the GSD rescue organizations here in Florida approached us, seeing Keek, and asked if we'd be interested in meeting a white shepherd. His name was Balto---an Alaskan connection for me, so I thought this was a sign. But then we came across Cristal---and the signs to adopt her instead of Balto were very clear and concise, not a coincident. She was an older overweight female vs a young handsome male. Cris is now 32 lbs lighter, and I believe she is another of God's angels. Well, they all are! lol.

Next came Trin, who was awarded to us because of Cris. The lady who had Cris while she fell extremely ill, was so impressed with her progress that we probably could have asked for anything...the lady had a tumor inside her neck, it was removed, and I wish her the very best of everything in life. I just love her!

And now Pippen. lol. Oh I love her. She isn't all the way white and it doesn't matter. She has a soft-brown colored diamond spot near the base of her tail which I call the reset button. But if this is a Honeymoon that will never end, then I won't have to reset anything!!!:love7:

(Edited because I goofed up spelling of Cris' name.)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello Shirley and Welcome. I just love your group. My little Zoey would fit right in.....She always got along with our big boy Max (Am Staffordshire) but sadly we lost him last Nov.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zoey is so beautiful! Oh my! lol. She really is so beautiful!

And thanks again everyone for the welcomes. I've been reading the archives and all the knowledge found here is astounding. What a great place Chihuahua-People is!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts