Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am glad to be here, I live in Chattanooga TN. My wife and I just adopted a little rescue girl who needed a home. This little lady is about 8 months old, has never been out of a house or in a yard. She is scared of everything but she is starting to get use to us now and isn't nervous around us now.

I am hoping to get some suggestions how to potty train her, but will ask on another thread as I am sure it is against the rules to ask here. I am happy to be with other folks who love the little fellows also.

·
Administrator
748 Posts
I am glad to be here, I live in Chattanooga TN. My wife and I just adopted a little rescue girl who needed a home. This little lady is about 8 months old, has never been out of a house or in a yard. She is scared of everything but she is starting to get use to us now and isn't nervous around us now.

I am hoping to get some suggestions how to potty train her, but will ask on another thread as I am sure it is against the rules to ask here. I am happy to be with other folks who love the little fellows also.
I would love to see pictures of your new pup!

- Cricket

·
Registered
None at this time
3 Posts
I told Jim to watch who his baby gets "in love" with or she could have the ugliest babies on the planet. (like mine)
Here is "Tiger" (c.1970s) He was totally a Mommie's Boy - and would rip the leather right off your boots if he didn't like the way you looked at him. (he is a mix of Chi, Spider Monkey and Pit Bull)
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Fawn

·
Registered
None at this time
3 Posts
Awsome, Jim !! you did a a good thing with the rescue. I know this little one now has a "Real Home" for the rest of her life. A life filled with companionship and loving care. Looking forward to following her journey (and yours).
And from my limited experience with the Chi - all the negative posts about loud barking, biting and snarling, is a learned trait. Just like a teenager - if they learn good at an early age, they make (somewhat) good adults.
But, I'm sure you have had house dogs in the past and you will do a great job with this one too.

·
Administrator
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks buddy, so far the little lady doesn't bark or tear things up. The only problem we have is her missing the pee pad. She will 50% of the time pee right on the edge and it runs off. Our goal is to retrain her to go outside. She is very nervous when we take her in the truck, but she settles down after a few minutes. She has come a long way already.

She is somewhat afraid of me, but not Judy, she will cower down when I approach her. Some man has mistreated her badly. Hopefully, I can gain her trust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts