Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made a couple more. But these aren't for my Daisy. I'm going to be hopefully selling them. I have to think of some dress to make too. I'm thinking about some how doing a vest and tie one too for the boy.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are so cute!! I love the blue gems!! Do they have a sticky back or do you tack them somehow?
They actually have hot fix backing. My hotfix tool is so so on melting the glue so after I'm done I take a iron and press them all down to make sure their stuck.

I also take my finger nail and see if I can prey one off, and so far they stick, so I'm pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. I'm thinking 3.50 for shipping and .50 per item, unless someone wants priority which would be 6.00 and no additional per item. And of course I will be have delievery confirmation on the items. Which is something I do with all my polymer clay and jewelry items that I sale.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I sew them with the right sides together, leave a small hole. Than I turn them right side out. That way any fraying and the edge are on the inside.

The way the pattern calls for it to be done is the right sides together, than take edging and sew it along the edge. I made one like the pattern calls for, and to me it seemed to messy and it seemed more bulky on Daisy.

Now when I try the pattern for a winter harness, I'll have to see how it will be altered.

My goal was to make it as simple as possible and less stressful for Daisy as I could. Which is why her dresses are made in the harness style too.

I'm also going to be testing the ground with iron ons for some of her outfits later to see if I can add some more creativity.

Sorry if I rattle too much about crafts, its my sanity to my insanity, lol.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I sew them with the right sides together, leave a small hole. Than I turn them right side out. That way any fraying and the edge are on the inside.

The way the pattern calls for it to be done is the right sides together, than take edging and sew it along the edge. I made one like the pattern calls for, and to me it seemed to messy and it seemed more bulky on Daisy.

Now when I try the pattern for a winter harness, I'll have to see how it will be altered.

My goal was to make it as simple as possible and less stressful for Daisy as I could. Which is why her dresses are made in the harness style too.

I'm also going to be testing the ground with iron ons for some of her outfits
later to see if I can add some more creativity.

Sorry if I rattle too much about crafts, its my sanity to my insanity, lol.
No no! Your fine! So do u also do that on the skirt/dress part of a dress before u sew it onto the harness? I hate having to make doubles that will match when i sew the edges lol! I dnt have a nice sewing machine as of now, i only have those simple little itty bitty ones for $20, lol!!!!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The shirt part is the easiest till I have to sew it into the heam. The skirt I just use a single piece of fabric and fold it and fold it again that way the edge and fray are hidden, something I learned with Daisys dresses. Than I sew the edges. Now when it comes to putting the skirt into the harness the bottom of the harness I dont close when I sew it, I leave it open. But when it comes to the skirt part, I fold the bottom of the harness inward to have a nicer seam. Than I put the skirt between the two fabrics of the harness, pin it, and than sew it. Now to hide the seam I either use the plastic tread or I use ribbon.

I dont now if you have a walmart by you, but check out their clearance section. Thats where I got mine for 80.00, lol which you can see in some of my pics. And my hubby actually taught me to sew. My dream machine is a embroidary/sewing machine. Brothers just came out with one for under 300.00 and I want it so bad!!! Already bugging hubby for it for Christmas or even my birthday, but Daisy was a early motherdays, annversitiary, and birthday gift. So I'm gonna have to wait another 7 months, if Im lucky.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Ic, sounds kinda hard lol! I know! I wanted the brother runway project one i think its called but i dnt have space for it in my room lol! I hope u get that sewing machine u want :), and i hope to get mines too! Im just afraid that im gonna hardly use it cuz i tend to get headaches, fatigue and back aches from sewing depending if i take a long time, but we'll see.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.