Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I found this forum and it's fabulous. I'm not getting anything done... just reading and reading and looking at everyone's darling's!

Here's a little introduction.... my husband and I have two girls, ages 18 and 21. Our youngest will be graduating in May and headed off to college so we decided to get a puppy! This was kind of a bittersweet decision as our last two dogs (a French Bulldog and Standard Poodle passed away 3 years ago, they were 12 and 14). We have always had big dogs. We felt like we were finally ready to get a new baby. This time we decided to get a little one. We researched different breeds and decided a chihuahua was for us!

We visited breeders and boy! There's a lot of difference in dogs out there, as we all know. The first breeder we visited had 2 darling pups available but they were scared to death! Wouldn't even come out to see us from under the chair and we even sat on the floor and played with the other adult dogs the breeder had. Finally, the breeder reached under and handed us a puppy but it was so obviously NOT socialized. We hated to do it, but we passed on those puppies.

The next breeder was totally different. Had a houseful of kids and the puppies were very friendly and outgoing. In fact, as soon as you sat down you had a lapful of puppies. :) We picked Brody and have never looked back. He is such a love!!!

He's almost 4 months old now and so smart! He weighs 2.5 pounds so we think he will be little like his parents. Mom was 5 pounds and dad was 4. We have started a little bit of training and he learned to sit in just 2 days! Yesterday I worked on "down" and he learned it in just a few sessions! Is he a genius?! We think so!! :)

Here's a few pictures. (I hope I do this right and they show up!) I'm totally new at this!!

Here he is in a Christmas bag! Also a couple of him just standing and looking at the camera and then one of him perching on my daughter as she tries to do homework!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Welcome!! Brody is such a handsome little fella and you picked a very good breed to join your family hehe but I am just a bit partial to Chi's :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
AWW hes so sweet and i agree i love this site also and I work from home so im checking here throughout the day . I have just figured out how to get the pictures on I had to ask for help but the people on this site are great and with a bit of help i was able to show off dodge . good luck to you and brody great name!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts