Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Hi All,

Early this year Stella, our beautiful 11 year old long haired black and white Chihuahua, passed on after battling a heart valve ailment.

After a few months, we went to the pet shelter and adopted another beautiful little Chi, Arwen. She's an 18 month old, deer type Chihuahua and though we miss Stella every day, Arwen keeps our hearts filled with love and laughter.

Arwen was given up by her owner because the owner couldn't afford the vet bills. Fortunately the illnesses were such that they could be cleared up with time and medication. One of the problems was mange. Arwen was missing much of her fur when we got her.

I have a question. Where the fur is missing or thin she is gray, but the fur growing in is a beautiful taupe (half way between grey and brown). There is little fur on her head, and I remember reading that the grey gene creates baldness problems in Chis. I already give her salmon oil with her food once a day. Is there anything else I might do? The last two skin scapings showed she was free of mange, and her fur is very slowly returning.

I'm attaching a picture my husband took of our little sweetie! I hope it shows up (not that great with technology).

Best,

Avril

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
sorry for your Loss, and congratulation on your new baby. I too lost my baby 3 months before I got Amberleah lou lou. She also has many health problems lots of missing fur. she is now being treated Holistic with freeze dried raw food and Weruva and salmon oil and other supplements, it only been a week I can see change in her.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Welcome to CP! I am so sorry for the loss of your girl, Stella, but so happy you and Arwen found each other. I don't have experience with hair loss and blues, but there are a few girls here with experience that I'm sure will be able to help.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Oh what a cutie.... I love her name Arwen, she is beautiful... I dont know anything about blues but keep checking back someone will have some type of info for you I am sure..... Oh by the way Welcome to CP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.