Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I haven't been around here all that much lately, but I ordered some ipuppyone harnesses that arrived today so thought I'd post pics. :) They are so nice! The quality is just as nice as the Puppia quality, imo. In some ways, there are things I actually like better. I have been meaning to order some ever since Kristi's thread on here, (Thanks for posting about them Kristi, you always find the nicest things!) but I just got around to it now.

For those of you that don't know, Roo had luxating patella surgery on both back legs (grooves deepened and both tibia's cut and pinned, urgh) 2 weeks ago which is why she is in the crate in many of the pics. The harnesses are all size XS for anyone wondering about sizing.

Here's Pip in his red checker harness. I only managed to get a few decent shots. He was not feeling the photo shoot at all since it involved putting things on. lol. He kept yawning and lying down. Until I brought out a treat. haha.

This is his Omg, wait, she has treat face.

The pink "over the head" sweetheart. I really love this. It fits Roo really well. The rest are the adjustable neck ones which are slightly big in the neck on Roo, (fit Pip perfectly though) but fit well enough for me to keep them.

The XS over the head fits Pip really well too. Here he is modeling Roo's pink sweetheart. Don't tell him I showed you all this pic. He clearly looks really wrong in pink. ;D (sorry Pippy!) Moms serwiouslee I iz waay too bawny for dis dum pink one!

The pink checker harness (same style as Pip's red one)

Roo in the yellow cosmos harness. She heard a noise outside right before I took this. I wil fights off any intuders in stile wit mi new hawness!

Fightsing off intuders iz tirwing.

Pip decided to keep Roo company in her crate during the photoshoot. Dis sucks donit, woo? Yeh weally.

Roo's thoughts on the photo shoot.

I'm really pleased with them! I'll definitely be ordering more. The price is awesome - and free shipping, woop woop! :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much, Karen! I really love them. :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
You know how I always say how much I want Roo? Well, guess what? My Roo (Ruby) is starting to look so much like her!! I worry about her legs since like your Roo, she is getting tall, leggy and is a little string bean! Sure hope that she is feeling better!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know how I always say how much I want Roo? Well, guess what? My Roo (Ruby) is starting to look so much like her!! I worry about her legs since like your Roo, she is getting tall, leggy and is a little string bean! Sure hope that she is feeling better!
She is feeling really good, I'm so happy. Thanks so much for your well wishes, hun. I really appreciate it. :) And I agree - Ruby and Roo do have a similar look! (And Ruby is one of my nicknames for Roo. hehe.)

I wouldn't worry about LP just because she is leggy, especially if you got her from a reputable breeder that does health testing. Roo is a rescue so who knows what iffy breeder she came from. :( And she was bred sadly too. Urgh. I'm sure your little Ruby will be fine. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Awww, they both look wonderful in their new harnesses! The XS fits Pip perfectly, but I agree, a little too big for Roo. The one without the adjustable neck looks like it will work out okay for her, though. I got one for Chance in the XS, it fits him pretty good, but too big for the girls.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awww, they both look wonderful in their new harnesses! The XS fits Pip perfectly, but I agree, a little too big for Roo. The one without the adjustable neck looks like it will work out okay for her, though. I got one for Chance in the XS, it fits him pretty good, but too big for the girls.
Thanks T. :) Yes, the adjustable ones are a wee bit big in the neck for Roo. Does Chance have an adjustable one? If he does, what size is his neck? Kinda surprised it's a bit big on her. The rest is fine.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Thanks T. :) Yes, the adjustable ones are a wee bit big in the neck for Roo. Does Chance have an adjustable one? If he does, what size is his neck? Kinda surprised it's a bit big on her. The rest is fine.
Yeah, his is the adjustable. It is the Camo looking one that was on sale. They only had XS left when I got his. Chance's neck is 8 inches. Roo has a more slender build than Chance. He is shorter in height and length, but he isn't slender. :lol: Don't tell him I told you that. :wink: I would say that the XS adjustable starts fitting at about 5 lbs. Roo only weighs 4 ½ lbs., doesn’t she? It was too big for Lexie & Gia. Didn’t even try it on Jade.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, his is the adjustable. It is the Camo looking one that was on sale. They only had XS left when I got his. Chance's neck is 8 inches. Roo has a more slender build than Chance. He is shorter in height and length, but he isn't slender. :lol: Don't tell him I told you that. :wink: I would say that the XS adjustable starts fitting at about 5 lbs. Roo only weighs 4 ½ lbs., doesn’t she? It was too big for Lexie & Gia. Didn’t even try it on Jade.
Yes, Roo is 4.4 pounds. A bit thinner then I'd like her to be though really, but my vet says she is fine. Her neck is 7 inches (a smidgen under to be exact). Pip's neck is 8 inches exactly and the adjustable fits him really well. He weighs 5 pounds even now. The over the head fits Pip too despite his huge head. :lol: I'll keep the harnesses for Roo though, maybe I can alter them or something. I'm going to get her a couple more of the over the head ones, I really like the fit on those. :)

I have more harnesses on the way from Park Avenue Dogs. Can't wait to get those. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Adorable! The harnesses are all really cute as well.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I love all of the harnesses! You picked such great patterns! I love your furbabies too. I hope Roo is doing much better now and that her recovery continues. They are both soooo cute.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Yes, Roo is 4.4 pounds. A bit thinner then I'd like her to be though really, but my vet says she is fine. Her neck is 7 inches (a smidgen under to be exact). Pip's neck is 8 inches exactly and the adjustable fits him really well. He weighs 5 pounds even now. The over the head fits Pip too despite his huge head. :lol: I'll keep the harnesses for Roo though, maybe I can alter them or something. I'm going to get her a couple more of the over the head ones, I really like the fit on those. :)

I have more harnesses on the way from Park Avenue Dogs. Can't wait to get those. :D
As long as your vet says she's fine, I wouldn't worry. : )

Chance's actual neck measurement is about 7.5 inches, but I always buy 8 inches. Otherwise it's like a tourniquet. Chance weighs somewhere around 5 lbs. too. Maybe a tad under, but very close.

I have found altering the harnesses just distort the shape. I've had a few done by a lady that's been sewing for yearsssss, and they don't lay flat after being altered. Hard to explain, but I think without taking them completely apart, and remaking the whole thing, it makes it uneven.

You'll love the PADH's! Can't wait to see pics!

Here is how the XS fits Chance and Gia. It fits Lexie about the same as Gia.

Not workable for the girls.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love all of the harnesses! You picked such great patterns! I love your furbabies too. I hope Roo is doing much better now and that her recovery continues. They are both soooo cute.
Thank you, Rachel. Roo is doing really well, I'm very happy with her recovery so far. Thank you so much for the well wishes. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Kisses & hugs to Roo, and we are wishing her a speedy recovery. :love5:

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As long as your vet says she's fine, I wouldn't worry. : )

Chance's actual neck measurement is about 7.5 inches, but I always buy 8 inches. Otherwise it's like a tourniquet. Chance weighs somewhere around 5 lbs. too. Maybe a tad under, but very close.

I have found altering the harnesses just distort the shape. I've had a few done by a lady that's been sewing for yearsssss, and they don't lay flat after being altered. Hard to explain, but I think without taking them completely apart, and remaking the whole thing, it makes it uneven.

You'll love the PADH's! Can't wait to see pics!

Here is how the XS fits Chance and Gia. It fits Lexie about the same as Gia.
Aw how cute is Chance in his! Love it! It fits him really well too. :) Too big on Gia, yes. haha. Roo's neck is 7 inches, a tad under to be exact (if I didn't mention that already, I can't remember what I said earlier now, heh.) You're right about altering them, would also be a pain. She can still wear them, the fit is just loose, she won't come out of it. I have this same problem with the step in Puppia's (even with Pip). They take a small in the step in, and it fits great around the chest, but is loose around the neck. The over the head ones they wear an XS and the fit is better, same as with these.

I can't wait to get the PADH's! I ordered 4 of them. 3 of them for Roo, haha. There are sooo many cute ones for the girls. The boys not nearly as many. I ordered Pip a basic black and white patterned one. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Aw how cute is Chance in his! Love it! It fits him really well too. :) Too big on Gia, yes. haha. Roo's neck is 7 inches, a tad under to be exact (if I didn't mention that already, I can't remember what I said earlier now, heh.) You're right about altering them, would also be a pain. She can still wear them, the fit is just loose, she won't come out of it. I have this same problem with the step in Puppia's (even with Pip). They take a small in the step in, and it fits great around the chest, but is loose around the neck. The over the head ones they wear an XS and the fit is better, same as with these.

I can't wait to get the PADH's! I ordered 4 of them. 3 of them for Roo, haha. There are sooo many cute ones for the girls. The boys not nearly as many. I ordered Pip a basic black and white patterned one. :)
Thanks! I think it's a nice fit too. It sags a bit under his legs when he walks, but since he's overweight for his frame, it fits him fine in the neck and chest. : )

As long as Roo can't walk out of her's, it should be fine. I haven't found any harness other than the PADH's that fit perfect. I agree on the step ins as well. It just never fits just right. Since they are all built different, it's hard to find something "pre-made" that will work just right in all areas. Some have smaller necks, larger chests. Or larger neck, smaller chest, and so forth.

You'll get hooked on the PADH's. I have about 25. :lol:

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As long as Roo can't walk out of her's, it should be fine. I haven't found any harness other than the PADH's that fit perfect. I agree on the step ins as well. It just never fits just right. Since they are all built different, it's hard to find something "pre-made" that will work just right in all areas. Some have smaller necks, larger chests. Or larger neck, smaller chest, and so forth.

You'll get hooked on the PADH's. I have about 25. :lol:
LOL! :lol: It's a good thing I only have one girl chi. I could see myself buying them all up. I really had to stop myself from ordering more because I've been a spending machine as of late. They'll be awesome for the Summer. Love the colors and those bows are just so pretty. I went with the side buckle even though I like the seamless look of the velcro. I worried about the velcro being secure. She also told me the velcro loses it's grip after a couple of years, although I imagine it could very well be fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts