Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am going to try and be an organizer for a meetup group in new jersey so far there are 8 members all but 2 are inactive... i found it and wanted to breath life into it. i was wondering if there are any tips anyone can give me on getting it out there and getting more members to join? and this is something soooo different for me! i am shy and i never make the "first move" in talking with new people..... eeek! wat am i thinking!

http://chihuahua.meetup.com/259/

·
Registered
506 Posts
hello everyone

im the chihuahua meetup organiser for london uk
(http://chihuahua.meetup.com/33/)

i became the organizer ages ago and it took our group ages till we finally met

lots of my members are inactive, i think its because the group is quite old and because it took us all a while before people met up some members lost interest

my advice is post loads of pics in the photo section

on the profile part where members say a bit about themselves, add some little questions for memebrs to answer......like fav place you take your chi, chi's fav food, funny chihuahua moments....something like that. its nice to acually get to know people a bit before you actually meet them in person

use the poll section aswell, ask members the best day they can attend a meetup, this will help maximise future turnout!

add something in the message section, write a little bit about yourself and encourage other members to do so!

umm last tip.....ADVERTISE!!
put adds on ad pages, pet shops etc
i have gained a few members this way, they were surfing the net for a chihuahua came across my add and joined, then when they did get their chi they attend!!

i hope this helps!
good luck for your future meetups!

jemma

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks ladies! i'm so exited! i am going to be letting clients at work know about it and i hope i can be a great organizer. i've never done anything like this before, it gives me anxiety. i can't even call and place a pzza order in lol so i figured the only way for me to get over this is to just throw myself full force into meeting new people!

i'm glad you joined and i am looking forward to adding many new members and having successful meet ups :)

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
luvmypuppet said:
thanks ladies! i'm so exited! i am going to be letting clients at work know about it and i hope i can be a great organizer. i've never done anything like this before, it gives me anxiety. i can't even call and place a pzza order in lol so i figured the only way for me to get over this is to just throw myself full force into meeting new people!

i'm glad you joined and i am looking forward to adding many new members and having successful meet ups :)
I'll be with you in spirit, for moral support. I know you can do this! Think of how much easier it is to talk to people when you're with Chiwi and all the attention is on her. Think of how easy it is here with us because we're all focusing on the chi's. At a meetup, I imagine everyone will be looking at and talking about their babies and that the people will be secondary. Of course you can do this. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts