Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we went to a 4yrs birthday party on the weekend and keona was so well behaved :).
i also found out today that a longer muzzle doesnt mean she is a deer head lol well now i feel silly haha and also confused to what keona is ,i have always thought she was a deer head but now im starting to doubt it .

some pics taken on the day , p.s here nails has been cut since the weekend :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Her head on pics make her look very apple headed, the side profile ones are a bit harder to tell -- I'm not sure she's specifically one or the other, lol, but she definitely isn't as deer headed or as apple headed as some chis, so I'll be curious to see what others say, too. Her muzzle length is less than that of her head, which always makes me inclined to lean toward apple but people may disagree. If her head appears circular from the top, generally that's considered apple, more oval is usuallly considered more 'deer' :) either way she is adorable!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Its honestly so hard to tell, because its all interpretation. When I look at Keona I do not think "deer"...maybe the second to last pic a bit, but its just not the overall look I get from her. She's well built, too from the pics :) My Oakley definitely has an apple head but a more deer like or gazelle like body...

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
She is so sweet. She may be a combo of the 2, as she's not a 'perfect' applehead, but is mostly applehead with maybe a little deer head.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe thats why she has been confusing me lol , a bit of both :) i dont mind either way , i love her all the same but im having fun learning how to tell haha
when i was looking at puppies i wasnt stuck on an apple head or deer head ,i was just after petite featured chihuahua :) if that makes sense .

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yea I'm right with you - I always have a hard time telling too unless it is very very obvious. I think my Chloe might be a deer head but then other times I look at her I see a little bit of an apple head too so I think she is an in betweener as well. LOL

Here she looks deer headed:

But then here she looks sorta apple head to me:

Then here I can kind of see both deer and apple:

What do you think? Either way, deer, apple or an apple deer she's still my little Diva Princess! :D

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I def. wouldn't call her a deer head. She has an apple head with a longer muzzle. But her shape doesn't ring Deer at all. Pretty girl either way! :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Chloe is the same. More apple head, with longer muzzle, but not Deer shaped body. :) She's so cute!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw she's such a sweetie. I love how she's all decked out in pink. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts