Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mobile Photobucket

Hi im new here, this is my pup to be at 6 weeks now, i will be collecting her wen she is 12 weeks, just in time for christmas! Cant wait! Hope ive uploaded the pic properly, more to follow, wat do u think of her? Im thinking of calling her Sugar.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Aw! What a cutie! While I was waiting on Gunner to get old enough, it just about killed me. We got him at 10 wks and I put my deposit on him when he was about 5 wks I think. I know it was best for him to stay with his mom for that long but I was so tickled when I got him.
That will be a great Christmas present!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it feels like ive been waiting forever when so far ive only been waiting 2 weeks! It doesnt even feel like im really getting her yet cos its so long away, but in a way im glad cos it gives me time to pay her off and buy her things, i havent got anything for her yet dunno where to begin!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
What a sweet baby! Congrats on your new family member!

The first thing I would get is an exercise pen or play pen. It makes housetraining so much easier, especially if you work.

MiniGrace

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What a sweet baby! Congrats on your new family member!

The first thing I would get is an exercise pen or play pen. It makes housetraining so much easier, especially if you work.

MiniGrace
Thank u! Yes good idea ill hav to get one, im worried about house training, wat is the best way to do it? Puppy pads? And then how do u get them to go outside or will they always use puppy pads cos they r so small and dont go out as much as bigger dogs?? We r expecting a snowy winter again so obviously she will be indoors mostly.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I don't know about the coloring but those ears will perk up eventually.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Sable LC's are so much fun because they keep you guessing on their color until about 5-6 months...sometimes longer! LOL Maribelle started out that color...maybe more chocolate though. But she had a pup who was the same color as your baby who I believe was going to end up her color (sadly he passed away at 16 weeks due to a tragic accident so we never knew for sure). Your baby could end up lighter fawn or red. With or without a mask. Usually if you look at their "highlights" it will give you an idea of what color they will be but sometimes even they get "brighter" per say. I bet by the time you bring her home she'll be reaaaally light compared to those pics.

And as far as being outside...Chi's adjust to snow & cold temps. We live in Maine & mine take themselves out (via doggy door) to potty during the winter as well as summer. Especially being a LC I'm sure she'll adjust. Obviously can't leave them outside...but training to potty outside is very possible. :)

She is adorable...congrats on her. Can't wait to hear about her when you bring her home!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sable LC's are so much fun because they keep you guessing on their color until about 5-6 months...sometimes longer! LOL Maribelle started out that color...maybe more chocolate though. But she had a pup who was the same color as your baby who I believe was going to end up her color (sadly he passed away at 16 weeks due to a tragic accident so we never knew for sure). Your baby could end up lighter fawn or red. With or without a mask. Usually if you look at their "highlights" it will give you an idea of what color they will be but sometimes even they get "brighter" per say. I bet by the time you bring her home she'll be reaaaally light compared to those pics.

And as far as being outside...Chi's adjust to snow & cold temps. We live in Maine & mine take themselves out (via doggy door) to potty during the winter as well as summer. Especially being a LC I'm sure she'll adjust. Obviously can't leave them outside...but training to potty outside is very possible. :)

She is adorable...congrats on her. Can't wait to hear about her when you bring her home!
Thanks for ur reply :) Her highlights are a tan goldie colour, i didnt think they could lose their black mask can they? Not that i mind at all either way wat colour she is, i chose her because her parents are gorgeous examples of chihuahuas! Her dad is red similar to maribelle so thats possible she could go red.
So is it ok to bring them out to toilet even if its snowing? Briefly obviously i would never leave her out, even in good weather:)

Thank u, cant wait to get her and put up most pics, so excited!:hello1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts