Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Aileen from the UK.

Whilst I'm not a new dog owner, having being raised round german shepherds, and retriever's.

I am new to toy dogs, had to taken in a chihuahua, for a lovely old lady who unfortunately passed away. I was her companion, who made sure her and her pet were healthy.

The lady owner was taken into hospital after an accident during the night, and unfortunately died after two weeks. I had brought the dog home to look after till I knew what was happening, with plans that I would in the end call the breed rescue to get the chihuahua re-homed.

Much to my nieces and nephew's delight. I've decided to keep her, as she had made me reconsider my opinions of this breed. (please see above). She is already a spoilt madam, as she's allowed to sleep on my bed. At least till I can buy her a proper bed at the weekend, when I don't have my sister's kids around. Her old one is rather tatty and smelly even after a couple of washes.

I still need to find the paperwork for her, and make sure her jabs are up to date. As I was never asked to take her to the vets ever in my three years with the woman.

Looking forward to learning more about this breed, which I'm already fallen head over heels for, and thats after three weeks(ish)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's

I've always grown up with 3-4 dogs around, so having only one dog around is feeling really weird.

I know I should have gotten my butt out and got things sorted sooner with jabs and that, but considering up untill Monday, especially as there was talk of the owner returning home by this weekend, then it went downhill very suddenly.

Though I do need to figure out her name, the woman always called her "the rat", always wondered why she had a dog she called that. :confused:

Though my eldest niece is currently calling her 'fairy' :rolleyes:

Watch this space, I may have to re-home another one. Puppies I just won't do, have enough trouble with both my sister's kid's 3 of which are 2yrs and under.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
That's such a cool story!! Maybe you could call her Faye?? It actually means fairy. So it would sort of stick with the nieces theme.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Very sorry about the woman you cared for who passed. But I know she is going to keep an eye over you as you have really gone above and beyond & that will be rewarded 10 fold. I hope you all enjoy each others company.

And I will take side bets that a dog bed may be purchased but now that she is snugged in, I'll bet ya you will have 4 paws snoozing with you for a long time to come :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts